• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR Had an interesting experience with my 7550e echoing my transmission today

Tank67

So, I said something over my radio (analog channel that has a repeater), then I overheard the latter portion of what I said echoing over and over on the radio of the person next to me (we were outdoors and I wasn't close enough to their speaker that there would be an echo). Looked at my radio and saw it was rebooting but heard that transmission still coming over the air over the other person's radio. I then took the battery out and it killed the problem.

Anyone ever have something like this happen and know why it did? I did notice after that my speaker mic wasn't tightened into the radio all the way even though I was able to hear audio and transmit fine before this happened.

Last edited:

RFI-EMI-GUY

The analog repeater apparently has some digital delay in the system. This could be the repeater controller itself, or if over a voted system with JPS SNV-12 voter, a delay in audio processing. The fact that your radio remained transmitting and apparently rebooting is probably coincidence unless you had VOX set on.

Edit: I will add that the radio you and the other party had, could also have delay in signal processing, especially if they have a digital capability.

mancow

Database Admin
It was probably a Yaesu DR-1X repeater. I will usually hear a bit of the last of my traffic after I unkey in analog. I have never had it go into continuous repeat though.

Tank67

The analog repeater apparently has some digital delay in the system. This could be the repeater controller itself, or if over a voted system with JPS SNV-12 voter, a delay in audio processing. The fact that your radio remained transmitting and apparently rebooting is probably coincidence unless you had VOX set on.

Edit: I will add that the radio you and the other party had, could also have delay in signal processing, especially if they have a digital capability.
The other party had a regular 7550 but I heard other people who were using VX-261s say they heard the same thing. Did not have VOX on.

It was probably a Yaesu DR-1X repeater. I will usually hear a bit of the last of my traffic after I unkey in analog. I have never had it go into continuous repeat though.
I’m 99% sure we actually have a VXR-7000 over there.