Halifax hospitals use POCSAG

Bluenoser316

Premium Subscriber
I'm using an RTL-SDR Radio and SDR++ software and recently I've been interested in local hospital POCSAG pager transmissions.

According to RadioReference, the frequencies are 139.920 MHz and 140.670 MHz, which I receive fine in SDR++, but I cannot seem to decode them with any plugins or PDW software. The signals are very strong, and I can hear the tones and digital sounds, but it doesn't have the characteristic high/low POCSAG sound. The signals occur constantly every few moments.

Does anyone know if the signals for the pager systems in the local Halifax hospitals are actually POCSAG, or, are they using something else?
If so, what kind of signals are these?

139.920CKO722FCSQHosp. pagingHospital paging networkFMData
140.670CKO722FCSQHosp. pagingHospital paging networkFMData

ty12122

I never tried to receive the ones in Halifax, but have tried elsewhere. PDW is very sensitive to the audio level, and make sure you have the filter bandwidth set right, and have turned squelch off so that the raw audio is getting sent to PDW.

2e0wes

I have also tried this, but all I seem to get is the word test. I did also get audio confirming it was a test around 1300 hours, one day last year

What I would really like is a way to receive MDT messages. That would be a game changer