Ham exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX2CIB

My son has been taking practice exams on his phone for his license. He'll be taking the test 4/14. Today I had him take one for General and Extra and passed both of those without any reading material. So when he goes to take his Tech and passes, he'll be taking the other two.

N5TWB

Have him keep taking the practice tests so he can experience the various question combinations so he won't be stumped by anything. Also, the one test fee ($15) will allow him to take all the tests he wants, in order.

n8zcc

My son has been taking practice exams on his phone for his license. He'll be taking the test 4/14. Today I had him take one for General and Extra and passed both of those without any reading material. So when he goes to take his Tech and passes, he'll be taking the other two.

Update please, how did he do?

WX2CIB

He's been passing them also. He actually tests 4/14. Will most certainly be posting on how he does this Saturday coming.

speedmaster

Good luck to him! I've been studying for the General and hope to take the test in the next few weeks.

Chris

WX2CIB

Sadly my son did not pass his Tech exam. He will now be studying from the ARRL Tech book. Hopefully he will be ready again. If not, my club is planning on having a Tech class in June/July.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Dave,

Try looking in to the Gorden West version of the Technician class license study book that's what I use to study and I passed with no problems. The ARRL one didn't make sense to me so I bought the Gordon West one and it helped me pass the exam. Good luck to your son!

- Jamie

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I second getting the Gorden West Technician class license study book too.Thats the one I used and after studying it alot and doing practice tests I aced the test.

scannerboy01

Good luck to your son, Dave.:) I'm planning on writing my Basic exam on Saturday. Hope I get 70 so that I get a call sign, but 80 is great so I can get HF privileges.

k3cfc

Silent Key
Ham testing

Sadly my son did not pass his Tech exam. He will now be studying from the ARRL Tech book. Hopefully he will be ready again. If not, my club is planning on having a Tech class in June/July.

AA9pw.com

you can test for all license grades for free. it is where i studied for my test.

Good luck.

K3CFC

Status
Not open for further replies.