Hancock Co.- 154.175

Status
Not open for further replies.

colliers_628

1/31/09 @ 1517 hrs i monitored 154.175 which i had programmed in my scanner for wetzel co fire east and low and behold i heard traffic but it wasnt from wetzel county. the traffic was from fire units using the 90 series numbering, and the engine and squad numbers match those of the new cumberland vfd. now, 154.175 use to be weirton co.1 vfd TAC channel. since co. 1 went defunct i figured the frequency was a bust to monitor. now oakland dist has a rp on 154.370, and now 154.175 shows up with hancock co traffic. makes me wonder if their gonna ditch the uhf system at some point, though 154.175 repeated 460.625 traffic, so im guessing it is now a new cumberland vfd rp.

hey mike, any thoughts on this, do you monitor 154.175 at all?

brent

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I do monitor 154.175.

I monitored:

154.175 (158.49 input)

If you listen, you may actually hear the same traffic on 460.625 that you hear on 154.175. I don't listen often enough [only when I know there is an active incident], so I can't remember if this is the case or not.

But 154.175 is definitely active with a 158.49 input.

The information in the RRDB is current. I monitored Hancock Co heavily in the latter part of last year to verify things. Of course there may be some outdated/unused frequencies there, but I believe anything that is on a high profile transmitter or a repeater in that county worth listening to is in the DB.

NC Ambulance can be heard on the two lauttamus LTR systems - They have a talkgroup on each system.

Mike

firedrum

ahh yes

reminds me of my days on the FD! Back in the day, (before my time served) the FD used to use a "low band" system, somewhat around the 39.98 range, and slowly hancock cnty fire has evolved up to the 460.625, Notice, i mentioned slowly! Not every dept upgraded to the new system all at once, and the old freqs were tied into the new repeater on 460.625, as of a few years back we found one of the old "low banders" @ the fd and decided to turn it on and check, and low and behold...the 2 freqs were STILL tied together. So it is very possible 'ole Al just tied more and more freqs onto the repeater to keep all depts playing 'nice' together. At one point in time i recall hearing a story of 2 actually repeaters being tied together, One for Oakland FD on a lower band, which was then rebroadcast onto the UHF repeater. and vice versa. confusin system huh? so its very possible that ANY of the old fd radios would still work on the UHF system now.

Status
Not open for further replies.