Happy Dispatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAFrizzle

"Sign in, please!"
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
2,512
Location
SE de DFW
The UP dispatcher for Houston today seems to be having a better than average day at work.

It seems easier to get more of the dispatcher's personality on the rail lines than you can on public service. There's a guy I hear about once a month at night, definitely not happy to be there. Every once in a while someone at the PTRA gets bent out of shape at some poor engineer.

Any interesting dispatchers in your area?
 

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
1,460
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
There is a Fire/EMS dispatcher in Walker County, TX that talks as fast as the guy in that old FedEx commercial, and you would swear from her excitement she was dispatching a quadruple murder!

I have noticed a lot of the dispatchers speak fast now days, guess they don't teach Slow, Clear, and Concise anymore when hiring them.

But then I don't think they teach it to many of the officers anymore either, they tend to talk fast also.
 

jmp883

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
606
Reaction score
124
Location
Northern NJ
Been an emergency services dispatcher for 30+ years and I have definitely noticed the trend towards faster speaking dispatchers. Faster is definitely not a mark of a good dispatcher. But I’ve worked with fast talkers who are proud of how quickly they can get a call dispatched. They seem to forget that they often have to repeat the call.
 

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Joined
Nov 17, 2015
Messages
640
Reaction score
631
Location
Northeast jasper county,missouri
Been an emergency services dispatcher for 30+ years and I have definitely noticed the trend towards faster speaking dispatchers. Faster is definitely not a mark of a good dispatcher. But I’ve worked with fast talkers who are proud of how quickly they can get a call dispatched. They seem to forget that they often have to repeat the call.
that would bring out the turtle and rabbit race as true as its always been. or worse yet get excited and scream into the mic.
4 years ago when we had last tornado in my area we had a dispatcher that started doing that and really screwed up lines of communication ,hindering operations. a county deputy went in and took over. come to think of it ive never heard that guy dispatch after the tornado. but last week 1 was screaming about a 2 vehicle crash on I44. was told to slow down lower voice
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top