Hardin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I noticed some new frequencies have been posted in the database section for Hardin County. Many of them appear to be P25 or NXDN.

Has there been a reduction in transmitter power output as well? I used to hear Hardin County up here in Jefferson County pretty well. About all I now hear is the analog dispatch channel.

Thanks!

alky1234

Ø
Feed Provider
They're currently building a VHF P25 system. It should be online in the next couple of months.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Still puzzling why I no longer receive the things I used to (fire ops and SO). Signal was always strong even in summer with leaves on trees.

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
Please look at the data base Hardin county is now all p25 and have been for about a month. City of Radcliff and Etown have Ben p25 for about a year the only thing left analog is the Tone out ch. The new County p25 system is a 7 site simulcast. so far it is working great. also some of the old frequency changed. because of interference. The data base is now 100% correct for hardin.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Ah ha! The "simulcast" explains everything. They get just as good coverage with multiple sites with lower radio "horsepower", resulting in a smaller footprint.

Can you advise if the Broadcastify feed has the new frequencies?

Listening to the fire and SO was good when I could, but nothing lasts forever.

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
Ah ha! The "simulcast" explains everything. They get just as good coverage with multiple sites with lower radio "horsepower", resulting in a smaller footprint.

Can you advise if the Broadcastify feed has the new frequencies?

Listening to the fire and SO was good when I could, but nothing lasts forever.
Not sure if the feed has the new stuff yet as i dont run it

Status
Not open for further replies.