Harris County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustinn

What's the deal with HCSO? Are they still broadcasting on P25 Phase I or Smartzone for patrol? I've been trying to listen in on District 4 patrol but it's been awfully quiet lately.

Last edited:

jmontes77029

What's the deal with HCSO? Are they still broadcasting on P25 Phase I or Smartzone for patrol? I've been trying to listen in on District 4 patrol but it's been awfully quiet lately.

They are on the Harris County Central, Northeast, Northwest and East sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustinn

They are on the Harris County Central, Northeast, Northwest and East sites.

I've monitored all their P25 channels and smartzone channels for hours on my Homepatrol. Not a peep out of the smartzone channels. Every several hours I'll hear an officer announce they're on duty on the P25 patrol channels. I believe they've migrated to phase II entirely. Jmontes, are you able to hear regular traffic on their dispatch channels? What scanner are you using?

jmontes77029

I've monitored all their P25 channels and smartzone channels for hours on my Homepatrol. Not a peep out of the smartzone channels. Every several hours I'll hear an officer announce they're on duty on the P25 patrol channels. I believe they've migrated to phase II entirely. Jmontes, are you able to hear regular traffic on their dispatch channels? What scanner are you using?

I am using my 536 and gear them through the Harris County Central Simulcast site. And it is all phase 1. I believe the smartzone channels are analog and not digital

jmontes77029

I am using my 536 and gear them through the Harris County Central Simulcast site. And it is all phase 1. I believe the smartzone channels are analog and not digital

I and I also use the unication G5 and that performs excellent for Harris county S.O.

rustinn

Hmm that's odd. I don't believe the Homepatrol's Sentinel software will allow me to specify which sites it scans. My understanding is it's scanning all county sites when I lock it on the Harris County Sheriff group. I'm listening from west Houston. I can't imagine it's a range issue. I used to be able to listen to all sorts of dispatch traffic a few months ago but lately it's been very silent. Any idea what could be wrong?

jmontes77029

Hmm that's odd. I don't believe the Homepatrol's Sentinel software will allow me to specify which sites it scans. My understanding is it's scanning all county sites when I lock it on the Harris County Sheriff group. I'm listening from west Houston. I can't imagine it's a range issue. I used to be able to listen to all sorts of dispatch traffic a few months ago but lately it's been very silent. Any idea what could be wrong?

Make sure you are on the TXWARN p25 system and not the TXWARN Motorola one as that one is analog which is basically obsolete for HCSO

rustinn

I am on the P25 system. I've monitored both the digital and analog system to no avail.

bpckty1

Lately, it has been used for the spread out courts system deputies thanks to Harvey.

Previously, I've heard the reserves use it. So, it seems to be used on an as needed basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.