OP25 Harris P25ip

leoaln

Premium Subscriber
I have been decoding my county's Motorola Type II SmartZone system with OP25 for the past year. The county will be switching to a new system, Harris P25ip, next week. Is OP25 capable of decoding this system?

leoaln

Premium Subscriber
I guess the system is actually APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive, and it is now partially activated with a few departments using it.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
I have been decoding my county's Motorola Type II SmartZone system with OP25 for the past year. The county will be switching to a new system, Harris P25ip, next week. Is OP25 capable of decoding this system?
Yes. P25 Phase 1 including p25 Conventional and Phase 2 are all decoded by OP25

leoaln

Premium Subscriber
So, I have started a new instance of OP25 multi_rx.py using tk_p25.py. OP25 scans the 5 frequencies that are listed for this system, but doesn’t lock onto a control channel. Also, I have no system information showing at the top of OP25 terminal. Am I using the correct files for this system? My signal should be good, because I have no problems decoding the old system that is on the same sites.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Did you confirm the frequencies are the being reused?
Did you add the trunked frequencies to the tsv file?
Did you define the talkgroup tsv file?

There are many things you need to do including editing the multi rx.py config to point it at that for working too.

boatbod

Do Harris systems rotate the control channel?
Yes, I believe they do. You'll have to list all the possible control channel frequencies in the trunking section of the config file and it may take some time to cycle through each freq until it finds the CC