Hart transit buses

radioguy224

Premium Subscriber
I have been told that they are getting new radio next month . Does that mean that they are changing frequencies or keeping the same. The fcc website is down to check the license

cg

Premium Subscriber
I was out chasing radio signals earlier this month and briefly got some new CTTransit talkgroups on the Troop A Site. I cannot receive that site at home but was mobile when I caught them so I have not able to monitor further traffic beyond the original console testing.
TGIDs logged

cg

Premium Subscriber
I am simply saying that it appears that they want to and there are a number of new talkgroups in the range of CTTransit that were active on the site that serves the HART service area. That is all I know about it, you need to draw your own conclusions.

radioguy224

Premium Subscriber
A bit of Googling yields...

HARTransit wishes to join the Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN). The existing system is subject to frequent failures, is difficult to access and provides incomplete radio coverage.
I don’t how they say that when I can hear them clear as day in litchfield country and all the way to Brewster ny on a portable radio. I just think that the dispatcher can hear so they are complaining

cg

Premium Subscriber
There have been recent changes made to increase capacity but that is likely looking toward the future rather than currently being at capacity. Once the upgrade that is currently underway is done, all of the main simulcast sites will have 12 frequencies in use with the exception of Troop B (still have 6). But most already have 12, that is 22 simultaneous voice/data transmissions. That is a lot for the relatively small coverage area of each simulcast cell.

seagravebuff60

Office Assistant
Feed Provider
I don’t how they say that when I can hear them clear as day in litchfield country and all the way to Brewster ny on a portable radio. I just think that the dispatcher can hear so they are complaining
Same. I hear them well into New York. Dont know why they would want to switch. If I were to guess it's user error....

I was told that the CLMRN was filled to capacity and nothing more can be added per the NCC network control center
You heard wrong...

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know why it doesn’t matter to me? I don’t monitor it. I wonder if it’s because it wants to be part of the transit system