Havana Syndrome

Natty01

Hi guys, I found this group while researching something, I was hoping you could help me with some queries. Is it possible to effect peoples health/ nervous system using radio waves or electromagnetic field in some way? I have heard of the "Havana Syndrome" and I was wondering if this could be possible on a smaller scale. I believe something similar could be happening to me but I’m not sure of how or if it is possible. I would be very grateful if you could help with these enquiries.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
And before it starts, no conspiracy crap, no China/Russia/Whatever country crap. Keep it technical.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Hi guys, I found this group while researching something, I was hoping you could help me with some queries. Is it possible to effect peoples health/ nervous system using radio waves or electromagnetic field in some way? I have heard of the "Havana Syndrome" and I was wondering if this could be possible on a smaller scale. I believe something similar could be happening to me but I’m not sure of how or if it is possible. I would be very grateful if you could help with these enquiries.

Low levels of RF have been proven to be harmless. You are surrounded by it 24x7 from every electrical appliance in your home, power lines, broadcast radio/TV, outer space, the sun, and all kinds of other natural sources.

The "Havana Syndrome" stuff would take a -LOT- of power to be effective. It wouldn't be a "small scale" thing, it wouldn't be easy, and it wouldn't be cost effective.

So, what is happening to you that makes you think that you are being exposed to high levels or RF energy?

ScannerSK

Is it possible to effect peoples health/ nervous system using radio waves or electromagnetic field in some way? I have heard of the "Havana Syndrome" and I was wondering if this could be possible on a smaller scale.
Absolutely. A person could bypass switches in a microwave and run it with the door open facing a neighbor which would be awful. The likelihood of this is next to zero unless you really upset a neighbor who has some technical know how.

If you have a radio tower in your immediate vicinity it could potentially cause issues, depending upon the power output, especially over time.

I remember hearing a couple ham operators chit chatting about modulating radar signals with voice and directing the signal at people driving in their vehicles down a road. Those inside the vehicle would hear the demodulated voices inside their head. They commented on this being back in the 60s before it was known radar signals could cause cancer. The things people do...

Some state higher frequency radio signals (above 1 GHz or so) knock electrons out of molecules in our body. I have not studied this too much however I imagine this is a possibility.

For the most part, radio waves/electromagnetic radiation passes harmlessly through our body.

mancow

Database Admin
And before it starts, no conspiracy crap, no China/Russia/Whatever country crap. Keep it technical.

What fun is that? It's the basis of the entire discussion. :giggle:

I have no solid theories but can attest to the tequila syndrome. It seems to have similar effects and emanates from similar locations.

wtp

microwave ovens 2.45Ghz
routers are across the 2.4 band
bluetooth across the 2.4 band
some house phones are in the 2.4 band
some baby monitors are in the 2.4 band
i am sure there is more.
just the thought is enough to cook your head :)

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
After it was found that some people with (schizophrenia?) got symptom relief after an MRI, the effect of large magnetic fields was studied and it's now used by some major institutions (ie John Hopkins).

on a slightly less series note, in MIB, a deneuralizer used transverse magnetic waves to deneuralizer a person (to bring back memories blocked out by a neuralizer.

I have to repeat this though.

So, what is happening to you that makes you think that you are being exposed to high levels or RF energy?

Thanks
Joel

RFI-EMI-GUY

I have a loose theory that, like all US embassies, Havana would have a SCIF and other internal locations that require securing against audio eavesdropping.

A common countermeasure are the installation of speakers and other transducers that emit white noise and sub and ultrasonic sound to confuse and jam audio bugs and casual eavesdroppers.

Since the Havana facility was opened quite hastily, it is possible these systems were installed incorrectly, with excessive sound pressure levels, and thus hearing damage was self inflicted by US state department.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Only ultraviolet, x-rays and gamma rays can do that.
Frequencies lower than UV (light, IR, RF) are non-ionizing radiation.
My microwave oven arced over quite violently on a slice of butter the other day. The ozone was quite noticeable.

RFI-EMI-GUY

stop putting butter in the micro.
heat the food and then add the butter !
My morning bagel routine has be preparing a bit of hot butter on the side mixed with olive oil and pepper flakes. The bagel cooks using an electric oven. Not sure why microwave arced over. Done this hundreds or thousands of times. I could do this all with butane gas in one shot.

wtp

i understand then, don't break a good routine.
mine is micro a bunch of bacon on Sunday morning with the wife and i get 3 pieces each morning for most of the week.(y)

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
I have a loose theory that, like all US embassies, Havana would have a SCIF and other internal locations that require securing against audio eavesdropping.

A common countermeasure are the installation of speakers and other transducers that emit white noise and sub and ultrasonic sound to confuse and jam audio bugs and casual eavesdroppers.

Since the Havana facility was opened quite hastily, it is possible these systems were installed incorrectly, with excessive sound pressure levels, and thus hearing damage was self inflicted by US state department.
But the countermeasures I’ve seen and used were within the audio spectrum and would be heard. The typical countermeasures can range from audio buzzers attached to windows to playing rock music on a boom box during sensitive meetings. This is to deter laser window bouncers, invisible resonant microwave dipoles with diode frequency doublers attached to the windows lit up by distant microwave sources or the higher tech pulsed MMW radar with variable receiver gate that can listen deeper into buildings.

RFI-EMI-GUY

But the countermeasures I’ve seen and used were within the audio spectrum and would be heard. The typical countermeasures can range from audio buzzers attached to windows to playing rock music on a boom box during sensitive meetings. This is to deter laser window bouncers, invisible resonant microwave dipoles with diode frequency doublers attached to the windows lit up by distant microwave sources or the higher tech pulsed MMW radar with variable receiver gate that can listen deeper into buildings.
Au contraire!

RFI-EMI-GUY

And another one...

Creates IMD in the microphone of the eavesdropping device via nasty US square and sine waves sent simultaneously.

My ears!!