"Hazmat?" 6000+ Listeners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapStar362

i got a interesting alert from my phone today with Scanner Pro app?

something about a Level 2 hazmat incident and 6000+ Listeners logged in for Chicago PD?

anyone know what that was about?

westernme963

I got a similar popup. Mine was some police department, I can't recall which, with 12,000+ listeners. Wonder if the numbers are just marketing.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk 2

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
"Some police department" was Stockton, CA, where there was a fairly intense police situation going on:

3 dead in Stockton bank robbery, gunbattle - Wire Nation/World - The Sacramento Bee

As for Chicago, there seems to always be an unusually high number of listeners there - high enough that I have configured the app to an insanely high number for its alert threshold (effectively "turning off" alerts for that feed/city).

CapStar362

so what did i get an alert for 6000+ users for a Level 2 Hazmat in Chicago yesterday for? i think i saw the Stockton too now that im thinking

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I checked my iPhone 5.0, and although I have 25+ scanning apps, I don't have "Scanner Pro." Is it an Andriod-only app, or is it available for the iPhone?

I don't want to get into a heated debate about Android vs. iPhone, and all that blather; thank you.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The reason you got an alert for a hazmat incident in Chicago is because a lot of listeners were tuning in, and the app is designed to alert you when a lot of people tune in. In addition, audio feed providers can put text alerts on their feeds to notify people of important incidents. Here's a list of feeds with alerts as of right now: Audio Feeds with Active Alerts

Scanner Radio Pro is indeed an Android only app by Gordon Edwards. https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Gordon Edwards&hl=en

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
So glad I don't (and won't) have a smartphone...

n9zas

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Y not ?? they're pretty nice!

Because most smartphones are not a smart choice. ONLY the black phone is a good choice which will protect some of your privacy, unlike all the others.
I don't want GPS or tracking crap on my phone.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.