hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

localknitwits

Hello Members,

I am a brand new member to scanning and don't know a thing. The cape cod times stopped printing the Falmouth court reports which was the only means of keeping track of what the local knit wits are up to, which is why I'm here. Haven't bought a scanner yet but will be sometime in the near future. Need to do my DD before purchasing but would welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

localknitwits

Thanks Dave

Yep, I can see the future is digital. That will also be one of my considerations. If I want something that will not be obsolete in a few years that is the way to go. Appreciate your response.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hello Members,

I am a brand new member to scanning and don't know a thing. The cape cod times stopped printing the Falmouth court reports which was the only means of keeping track of what the local knit wits are up to, which is why I'm here. Haven't bought a scanner yet but will be sometime in the near future. Need to do my DD before purchasing but would welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

Welcome to RadioReference / Broadcastify.

See if anything on the page below will help you out until you get that scanner:

Barnstable County Massachusetts Live Audio Feeds

localknitwits

Thanks W8

Thanks W8,

I have used the rangecast on the wicked local site. Works great for a lot of towns out here on the Cape. I just can't hear my town PD (Bourne) well on the internet broadcast. I've also taken a look at the Broadcastify player. Pretty amazing, but still really cant hear my local pd well. Could that be because the use a conventional radio?

N8IAA

Yep, I can see the future is digital. That will also be one of my considerations. If I want something that will not be obsolete in a few years that is the way to go. Appreciate your response.

It appears that in the eastern half of the state, that the MA SP are using their analog trunk system. All TGID's for your county and metro area are analog. I would check the MA state forum for updates on the Phase I digital system.
For now, I would suggest getting a newer analog trunk tracker to follow the cities, and to monitor VHF air, marine frequencies, etc..
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.