HP-2: Help adding a frequecy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cperry1969

I hope this post is in the proper place. I just purchased a HP-2 and programmed it via my zip code. However, I want to add a frequency for my local bus contractor (where I work). I cannot find a way to manually add it to my favorites list. But I did search and find the frequency in two other states. I amended both frequencies I found into my favorites list, but they don't show up in my scanning channels (but do show up on the manage favorites menu/review frequencies). Is there a way to trick the scanner into thinking they are local and not from another state (assuming thats the problem)?? Or is there some other problem I am not seeing?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In sentinel, right-click on the frequency or department or whatever, and select the "Append Favorite List" menu. You will be prompted which favorite list to add the item to.

The "Add Channels On Range" item in the Edit menu is also useful for populating a favorite list with everything in the vicinity of a given location. You may need to prune clutter from the favorite list afterward though.

cperry1969

Thanks...I did do that, but I didn't have the service highlighted to scan. I did that last night, but still am not receiving anything. Could it have something to do with the "PL number"? (I am not sure what that is and how to set it)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you specify a PL on a channel, the scanner will ignore any traffic with a different PL. Leave it blank and it will pick up any traffic.Make sure you have the Service Type (probably Business) for that channel turned on. Also add the local channel, not the out-of-state ones, or Location Control will lock the channel(s) out because the scanner thinks they are too far away. If there is no local entry, you'll have to add it in Sentinel and correctly tag it with the correct Service Type and GPS coordinates of the company.

cperry1969

If you specify a PL on a channel, the scanner will ignore any traffic with a different PL. Leave it blank and it will pick up any traffic.Make sure you have the Service Type (probably Business) for that channel turned on. Also add the local channel, not the out-of-state ones, or Location Control will lock the channel(s) out because the scanner thinks they are too far away. If there is no local entry, you'll have to add it in Sentinel and correctly tag it with the correct Service Type and GPS coordinates of the company.

Thank You......I will try that. There is no local entry, that is why I searched and found the out of state ones. I figured the scanner was smarter than me and locked them out because of the range....but I wasnt 100% sure.

How do I determine the GPS coordinates for the company? Do I need to be at that location?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The FCC has a license database. You can search it and get the location of the licensee. The tower location is usually specified, but sometimes the HQ of the company or entity is listed instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.