But this is some errors now.
My scanner screen just show:
------------
uP Boot Ver: F1.3
uP App Ver: NONE

CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB
--------------

I can not updates any more from software. If i try to updates the software said error. The scanner said " ERROR: Turn Off".

The scanner can not power off.
The only way to turn off is release the batt.
When the batt insert again, i got same error message.

How to fix this problem?
To return to dealer, its more expensive cost. I life in indonesia country.

Thank you

Attachments

• trxeroro.jpg
    trxeroro.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:

mbahpaijo

Press menu button will take you out of that screen

nothing happen. I even put out of battery, radio will be off. But when the battery inserted again, there are still the same error.
all the buttons are not working.
when the battery is installed, the radio does not display the boot, but display as my uploaded picture less than one second.

Having the same exact issue. Firmware same.. CPU soft different.

Was having the same issue as the poster on my TRX-1 brand new in the mail. My firmware is currently 1.3 as well, and cpu soft is at 5.1 latest. Device refuses to load any new dsp updates from 1.3 to the latest new 3.0. Have tried everything from checking device mgr, to comm port settings, to using a microSD adapter and formating my microSD card to Fat32 in 32byte sectors as instructed by the app to no avail. Even tried to reformat through a card adapter in my laptop's card reader through the app thinking perhaps a corrupt file was the cause. Also to no avail. Tried different USB ports and cords to no avail. Have attempted to update from different formats direct download from Whistler Groups support section, as well as through the TRX-1 app. to no avail. Thinking mayber perhaps just one of the downloads itself was corrupted. Scanner is stuck constantly at... I even tried a higher end brand new 32gb microSD card that was known to be working in my GOPro Hero III after a format. Still to no avail. Below is what it shows once it get's to this page it's dead in the water.

SIIII FTGA D2 II Bat logo
Whistler
TRX-1
Handheld
Digital
Trunking Scanner

Scanner goes through all other initial processes fine it seems but once this splash screen is hit it fails every time. Like a blue screen of death. It just freezes and fails. If I attempt to tap the power button sometimes I will get a quick glimpse of what should follow with the Scan lists wording etc. But that is soon gone in roughly 2 seconds or less followed by a Power OFF logo. Then the scanner shuts right on down. Very nice glitch. Wondering how it got by quality control honestly? But I did contact Whistler Groups all awesome technicians and they said to just send the unit back in asap as this is obviously a bigger issue which I am leaving to do now as we speak. Back to Bentonville AR this one goes. I suggest you do the same. Nothing seems to be resolving this issue, and as tech savvy as the two of us are i'm willing to be there is a broken piece of software in the protocol there somewhere. It would seem. The way it just gets stuck in what seems an ENDLESS loop to that one page. Where it just constantly shows that, and nothing but that.

Alpine-

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
If pressing the menu button does not take you out of the cpu update screen, I think it may be time to send it into the company for repair.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Remove all the batteries and the usb cable. press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds while pressing and other button intermittently.

Once done leave the batteries out. with usb cable connected to your pc, press and hold down the menu button while inserting the usb cable into the scanner. wait 30 seconds or until the computer chimes that it is connected.....now try and update the cpu firmware.

mbahpaijo

Remove all the batteries and the usb cable. press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds while pressing and other button intermittently.

Once done leave the batteries out. with usb cable connected to your pc, press and hold down the menu button while inserting the usb cable into the scanner. wait 30 seconds or until the computer chimes that it is connected.....now try and update the cpu firmware.

Nothing happen....
still got the problem..

I was quite happy with this scanner, until tonight...
While performing the latest updates, there appeared an error and the CPU update failed.
Now my TRX-1 is stuck in the same mode as the first post on this thread;

uP Boot Ver:F1.3
up App Ver: NONE
CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB

Tried every suggestion on this forum, but no luck so far...
The scanner needs to be off when updating and there seems no way getting his done.
As soon as i use the usb-cable and plug it in my laptop or use the batteries the above message appears in the display. Keeping the menu-button pressed while plugging in is not working; the scanner isn't detected by the laptop.
Sending the scanner in for reboot or repair seems the only option now... But since i'm living in Europe wont make it easy.
My last hope anyone here have another idea how to solve this nasty problem???

Mark

SlickTop

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone!
I'm a long time follower, first time poster. I've got the same problem. My screen looks just like the picture that mbahpaijo posted and word for word what ScanManAmsterdam said. Tried to update my TRX-1 early this morning and BAM!! now I've got the "update failed / screen of death".
Hey Whistler - Ya think you might have a problem? We need to get this resolved ASAP because I was about to purchase my second TRX-1. (One for the house, one for the vehicle.) Now that's on hold until this is resolved.

MichaelBhere

It sounds like you removed the scanner before it finished the update or you updated the latest CPU and did not update the PC app first as instructed in the release notes.

Go to Whislters website and download the latest CPU updater, Open the exe updater and follow the directions.

Oh, and you may want to update the PC app at some point so you have the latest changes.

SCPD

QRT
update

If at first the update doesnt work try again.
I would format an SD card using an SD card reader with the Ezscan software and try it in the scanner.Then try firmware update from there.
Mine was saying SD card error and I just kept unplugging the scanner and trying the update again,it works.....

Try holding the menu button in while connecting to computer usb and force it into update mode.

I had mine at APP version NONE,this is fixable,sending it back that quick is just giving up!

BrianG61UK

I have try to update NXDN on my TRX1.
But this is some errors now.
My scanner screen just show:
------------
uP Boot Ver: F1.3
uP App Ver: NONE

CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB
--------------

I can not updates any more from software. If i try to updates the software said error. The scanner said " ERROR: Turn Off".

The scanner can not power off.
The only way to turn off is release the batt.
When the batt insert again, i got same error message.

How to fix this problem?
To return to dealer, its more expensive cost. I life in indonesia country.

Thank you
As I understand it you cannot get out of that mode using EZ-Scan.
You need to download the stand alone CPU updater exe file and run that.

SCPD

QRT
no

As I understand it you cannot get out of that mode using EZ-Scan.
You need to download the stand alone CPU updater exe file and run that.

If you get the scanner in update mode its fixable via Ezscan or the exe file,they do the same task.

VE3SCP

Premium Subscriber
First thing is make sure you have the latest version of EZScan installed. But this won't help you now that you are stuck in this mode.

You now have to use the manual standalone firmware updater:

https://whistlergroup.com/products/trx-1-cpu-firmware-installer

I know this because I had the exact same problem because like a typical ham radio operator, we don't instructions (or manuals). I updated to the latest firmware before updating the EZScan software.

The radio is not broke it has just lost the original CPU file. Follow the instructions on the manual updater and make sure you know what com port your scanner is using.

Good luck... You will succeed.

VE3SCP thanks for the link; Hope this will do the trick..
Will give an update later today (at work now)
As a mac user i'm not really familiar with pc's. Just for this scanner i use an old laptop with windows 7 prof. and until now didn't had any problems updating firmware.

Mark,
Amsterdam
The Netherlands

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
Same story... But even with the latest EZ Scan installed I had to resort to the standalone CPU Updater but it worked like a charm. Everything's back to normal.

Wew, the "beast" is back in business :)
As a pc-noob it took some time to find the right com port.
Its also important to keep on holding the menu-button only at startup; the cpu-updater couldn;t find the TRX until i released this button.
Now i can find new DMR and NXDN users in Amsterdam again.

Thanks a lot and happy scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.