Help, CAP+ CSBK decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

vselic

Hello,

i need your help. In airspy/dsd+ i'm getting a CAP+ signal around 153.xxxMHz frequency range. Al the time, i'm getting this dsd+ info:
DMR slot1 BS DATA DCC=7 CSBK
DMR slot2 BS DATA DCC=7 CSBK

in dsd+ event log, it says: cap+ DCC:7
in dsd+ cap+ channel activity, it says ch 1; target: rest.

What is this kind of signal, I believe and as i was told, those should be short messages, but what do i have to do, to decode them? I assume, there is no much traffic.

I saw a picture of the same frequency catught by someone who is not reachable anymore. He posted a picture, where cap+ event log says:
cap+ site: 2 DCC:5 NL: 1 4
traffic is TMS, short messages between group users. TGT=803xx

do you know, how can i get those messages / those signal decoded, to track messages?

thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is possible that the system has been reconfigured, that he was getting a different system, or he was getting a different site. You don't say if the information missing from your description is removed or not showing. Also, the lack of screenshots of the signal strength, any errors, etc makes it difficult to help.

chris

vselic

Hello,

i Will send you screenshots in the afternoon. I believe the strenght of the signal should not be the problem, i get the dmr voice calls with the same strenght with no problems.

The system was not reconfigured i believe… something it has to be, those signals are not just to be, but they carry some info… i just do not know how to decode.

CSBK is usually some info.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Just seems quite odd that you would get a different DCC on the same control channel.

chris

vselic

Because i was on the other frequency -unintentionally, but repeators are for the same users, just different frequency... results are the same, just different dcc

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is possible that they were using the paid (Fast Lane) version. You are identifying the type of system and showing the activity. I don't think the free version did anything more.

chris

vselic

Yeah, i was thinking about this too but... i have written them for the fast lane program, but no answer so far...

vselic

Another problem... dsd+ fastlane not working: invalid command line parameter: -dr0

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Many of the command line flags have changed from the old public version to what is current. Start with the bare bones then tweak what you need.

fmp24 -o20001 -f153.800 (or whatever freq you want)
dsdplus -i20001 -v3 -O NUL (listens on port 20001, verbose logging, no decoded audio recorded)

Once you have it running use the menus at the top of the DSD+ events window to tweak settings.

vselic

I really dont get it. I open it via Airspy... everything has worked before. I pasted fastlane program from
Zip+ somet other files from the link in notes txt to dsd folder. Now when i open the dsd via airspy, it says error as i said, if i delete those parameters vich are invalid, than it opens wrong path. I dont know where to set those parameters. In configure tab in dsd plugin airspy or somewhere else? All i want is to open dsd fastlane via airspy and listen to the traffic. Im going nuts.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ok if you are using airspy then you will use fmpa, not fmp24. In your DSD+ folder you should have an fmpa.cfg file while you will need to edit (primarily to add the serial number of your airspy). Mine looks like this:

Code:
440464c839xxxxxx ; Airspy serial number list
10 ; sampling rate (2.5 or 10)
1024 ; spectrum window width
32 ; FFT size (16k, 32k, 64k)
10 ; spectrum update rate in Hz
5000 -6250 7500 12500 15000 25000 100000 ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
. ; DSD+ path
.\FMPA-FreqList.csv ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMPA-FreqList2.csv ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
miles ; miles or kilometers
99.9 ; search distance
19.7163 -155.6241 ; search origin

vselic

No we did not understand. I have rtl-sdr device and would like to run it via sdr#. I have managet out to open dsd+, set it to passive mode but i have another problem... all the time i get:
+DMR CACH ERR slot1 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=7 Unknown TypeF ERR1
+DMR CACH ERR slot2 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=7 Unknown TypeF ERR1 ECC FAIL
+DMR CACH ERR slot1 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=7 Unknown TypeF ERR1
+DMR CACH ERR slot2 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=7 Unknown TypeF ERR1 ECC FAIL
+DMR CACH ERR slot1 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=7 CSBK ERR15 ECC FAIL

cg

Premium Subscriber
Easiest for me was to use the FMP programs
I thought there was a couple sample batch files provided with DSDPlus Fast Lane. If not, use Post #12 above and either create a batch file or use command line to run it.
Batch files are the easiest for me as I can create different ones for various settings. In case you aren't familiar with doing it, the simple way is to open Windows Notepad and paste the FMP24 line referenced above into that notepad window. You then type a name, FMP24 Start.bat into the file name, click All Files unter the file name line, and save it to the DSDPlus folder. Repeat with DSDPlus line above.
Then double click on the FMP24 batch file and the program should run. Repeat with the DSDPlus batch file.

chris

vselic

Hello, everything works now. I had to change some settings. Now i have some questions:
i'm following/monitoring a CAP+ frequency. What does SITE: 3 and NL: 2 7 8 mean?
Those signals are short, every 2 seconds.

+DMR slot1 BS DATA DCC=7 CSBK Cap+ RestCh=1
+DMR slot2 BS DATA DCC=7 CSBK Cap+ RestCh=1

+DMR slot1 BS DATA DCC=7 CSBK LCP IRB Sync; Site=3 RestCh=1 Neighbors = 7 8 2
+DMR slot2 BS DATA DCC=7 CSBK LCP IRB Sync; Site=3 RestCh=1 Neighbors = 7 8 2

There is no traffic at all, no short messages, no audio... is there any reasion?

Kazzaw

Database Admin
Is the system you are trying to monitor in the radio reference database?

DSDPlus is reporting that its a multi site capacity plus system, you are on site 3, and the neighbouring sites are 7 8 and 2

Its likely that the system isn't being used as much if all you see is the above in the DSD logs. When traffic fires up on the Cap+ system it will take over channel 1 which is the rest channel and move the rest channel to a different channel

cg

Premium Subscriber
All the sites will not carry all the traffic in the system. A radio has to be in the area of the Site you are monitoring and affiliate to the site. Once they talk, their conversation will only be heard on sites that have users affiliated to that group.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.