Help? Confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

I'm confused. I posted earlier in the week about not hearing much Adams county on the Smoky Hill site lately. Lookout doesn't seem to be associating many Adams radios either.

I'm deaf to Thoridin and Squaw so what are my options for hearing Adams and Broomfield counties ... if any? I'm guessing I'm out of luck.

jfab

Depending on what radio you have, you could listen to Adams County off of the Adams County Simulcast site(775.5312). Or if you don't have a 700mhz capable radio, I would use Lookout(853.7750)for both Broomfield and Adams Counties. Broomfield is on Adams County Simulcast off and on, so I would stick with Lookout!

Hope this helps!

WaveRunner

ch40n1k said:
I'm confused. I posted earlier in the week about not hearing much Adams county on the Smoky Hill site lately. Lookout doesn't seem to be associating many Adams radios either.

I'm deaf to Thoridin and Squaw so what are my options for hearing Adams and Broomfield counties ... if any? I'm guessing I'm out of luck.
Where you located? I am in Brighton and get the majority of traffic from Lookout and Thorodin. Some on the 700mhz, but not alot. I have Smoky Hill and Sqaw Mtn programmed, but most traffic is from the 2 previously mentioned.

ch40n1k

WaveRunner said:
Where you located? I am in Brighton and get the majority of traffic from Lookout and Thorodin. Some on the 700mhz, but not alot. I have Smoky Hill and Sqaw Mtn programmed, but most traffic is from the 2 previously mentioned.

I live at the base of Green Mountain in Lakewood which is the cause of my deafness. I have a PSR-500 so I can monitor the simulcast system ... but the signal is really bizarre ... I have a signal one minute and don't the next. It's really weird.

JFAB, I do hear broomfield on Lookout, but it seems to be one of the few "northern" agencies that associate with Lookout on a regular basis. It would have been nice to hear the Thornton action tonight ... :(

I guess I'm just expecting something that I'm probably not going to get without moving ... I'm stuck with the southern, western and eastern agencies and I'm just going to have to deal with it. Oh the PAIN! ;)

I have the same problem with some of the 2 meter repeaters in town. I'm too close to the mountains to hit the squaw and other mountain repeaters, but I hit the eastern repeaters just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.