Help me identify

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Can someone help me identify frequency 155.4900 I know to police departments that have that frequency. Both of them are digital. I know East Hampton is digital and encrypt I think the other please Department is Derby I think and I know they’re digital but I’m here in New Britain and I’m picking up this frequency analog with a Pl tone of 334 I did look it up in the FCC database, but all I found was the two police departments. I’m not sure if that’s another police department or if it’s a security company

ecps92

Can someone help me identify frequency 155.4900 I know to police departments that have that frequency. Both of them are digital. I know East Hampton is digital and encrypt I think the other please Department is Derby I think and I know they’re digital but I’m here in New Britain and I’m picking up this frequency analog with a Pl tone of 334 I did look it up in the FCC database, but all I found was the two police departments. I’m not sure if that’s another police department or if it’s a security company
334 is not a PL, nor is it a valid DPL - did you mean a NAC or 334 ??
and 155.4900 is a Government Part 90 frequency, so that rules out any Business users

emtprt

Premium Subscriber
I used hear Monson MA on 155.490. They have a DPL of 331. There are a few towns in Westchester County on 155.49 also.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
That's Monson PD. The repeater is up on Hovey Hill and is audible 50 miles away without an issue.
They are analog D331 and digital NAC 191, with heavy encryption use on the digital. (Not full time however, there are some clear comms on it.)