Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabee1164

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is the right place for this but after searching and sending emails this is my last resort. I bought the year subscription along with the ARC500. I try to enter the registration keys and it when I try to connect to RR it says it has expired and I need to upgrade. I have reinstalled and downloaded the software many times. I am not even sure who to contact about this. At this point I am ready for my money back. It shouldnt be this difficult. This worked fine during the demo period a few years back but now no such luck after paying for the software. So I am really not sure if it is the software or the website. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

RBMTS

Hello John
In order to "download" frequency or trunking information for Radio Reference, you need a premium subscription to RR. The software from Butel only provides the programming capability. You can still program the frequencies into the software yourself, or you can cut and paste. But if you want the software to go and pull the data from RR, you need to have that subscription to RR as well.

Hope this helps you.

seabee1164

Premium Subscriber
sorry i guess i didnt mention that a bought a year subscription as well

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You may wish to request this post be moved to the Scanner Programming software forum. ( Click the exclamation point in the upper right hand corner to submit that request.) Gommert, the guy who authors the ARC software, watches that forum pretty close and he might give you a more definitive answer.

I don't have any knowledge with the ARC 500 software. It may be like other ARC products I've used, however. And hopefully I'm also reading/understanding your question correctly.

Registration of the ARC software is different than logging on to the RR database for downloading data purposes.

The ARC registration keys are e-mailed to you after a purchase of the software. Sometimes they end up in the junk e-mail folder. There are two parts to the registration key: Key1 and Key2. If you didn't get them, that's something to take up with where you purchased the software.

Start the ARC software. Go to Help and dropdown to Register. A window should appear allowing you to enter Key1 and Key2. Once you enter the keys, click OK. You may need to re-start ARC 500 again.

Then, after you've started the "registered" ARC software, you can go to the Internet download area. You'll see another window open up. The username to enter is the username you have associated with your RR premium subscription along with that Password associated with the premium subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.