help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopps

I have been listening to local rcmp and many times i have heard "i am on the other reapeater" if someone could help me that would be great........does this mean they are on a different talk group or switching frequencies...the trunking system they are using is edacs...any help would be appreciated!

DX-300

In my case RCMP use conventional repeaters and when they say I'll be on the other repeater; for example Strathmore uses A4 155.7900 and B7 155.5500; they mean they will be on B7 instead of A4 on which they booked on . Perhaps in your case they mean another channel or tg if its edacs used by the detachment.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You don't say where you are, but I think DX has it right. They're probably either on another talkgroup (and so used to calling them 'repeaters' that they just carried it over), or are actually on a regular repeater channel in some part of the province that the EDACS system doesn't cover.

chopps

thanks for the reply

My location is Kerrobert if that helps any.........thanks for the quick reply guys.

RBerezowski

chopps said:
My location is Kerrobert if that helps any.........thanks for the quick reply guys.

At this time, the RCMP in Saskatchewan are using the SaskTel Fleetnet EDACS system for linking their VHF radio repeater sites back to Regina. Each repeater is basically a VHF transmitter and receiver at a radio site. You should be monitoring the VHF frequencies listed in the RadioReference Database for Saskatchewan. There are 8 different repeater channels, and 4 simplex (direct car to car) frequencies (all in the 155.xxx MHz range). Plug them all in, and you should hear at least a few of them active near Kerrobert. Your best bet now is to listen to the VHF frequencies. On the Fleetnet EDACS system, you will only hear the RCMP talking to Regina dispatch, and will miss all of the car to car communications.

Now, having said that, the RCMP are moving to a VHF digital trunked system in the (near?) future. I think it's at least a year away, perhaps longer, but they are installing the new system, at least here in Regina it is operational. It is not yet completed province wide. Some of the new VHF digital trunked frequencies (in the 138-144 MHz range) are listed in the database, but I'm sure we don't have them all.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.