• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help programming G1 pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimb317

I recently received 5 new G1 pagers. We have 2 tones for dispatching our company. Our county uses a single long tone 0749 as a "ALL CALL" to activate every fire company pager in the county at the same time.
I am having trouble programming the long tone 0749 in the pagers and haveing them activate when they are tested weekly. ( the program rounds 0749 down to 0748.9, the Motorola does the same).

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Alright so on menu item F call Id there is an option on the red part that says tone system. Click on the drop down box and choose user or custom. I'm not sure what the options are but there should be something in that nature there.

Last edited:

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
I recently received 5 new G1 pagers. We have 2 tones for dispatching our company. Our county uses a single long tone 0749 as a "ALL CALL" to activate every fire company pager in the county at the same time.
I am having trouble programming the long tone 0749 in the pagers and haveing them activate when they are tested weekly. ( the program rounds 0749 down to 0748.9, the Motorola does the same).

Could 0749 be a different 'format' and not be the same as 748.9? Even if it's not - that's close enough that the pager should open on it..

jimb317

This is my first time to this forum. Should I of started a new thread?
Our Motorola Monitor pagers changed the code to 0748.9 also.
I will have to open the program and try a few more things.

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
Aaron Oyler handles all of our G1 and Alpha Support you can give him a call at 817.945.3011 and he can help you with any programming issues you may have

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
How about you tell us where you are, both state and county? That way we can look up the county all call and verify what you want to do. I am thinking that 0749 is actually a cap code of some kind and not the actual tone needed.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
How about you tell us where you are, both state and county? That way we can look up the county all call and verify what you want to do. I am thinking that 0749 is actually a cap code of some kind and not the actual tone needed.

I've had a hard time finding QCII codes for departments... Is there a source online somwhere?

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
I've had a hard time finding QCII codes for departments... Is there a source online somwhere?

Here you go.
6cd3dbdb77dab980afaea45e7695e292.png

Those views reflected here by me do not reflect those of my department.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
Have you looked in the Wiki? Fire tone outs? It's full of them.

No, I hadn't... thanks though - just checked it out and it's pretty slim pickings for my area (Santa Clara county, California).. Awaiting the install of a roof top antenna then I can maybe do some recording and log my own QCII's...

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Errr. I mean say the QCII codes for say Engine 48 for Littletown Fire Department.

My bad. I misunderstood that. If you need the tones you should try to get in touch with someone at your dispatch center. Or you may find them in the RadioReference database with the frequencies. In order to get our tones we had to contact our dispatch center. I have looked at several websites and I haven't had much luck finding tones.

Those views reflected here by me do not reflect those of my department.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
How does fire tone out work over P25 trunking? If I monitor a department using P25 trunking, is there something in say DSD I can 'log' that will tell me if there's a tone out being sent over the air?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
No, I hadn't... thanks though - just checked it out and it's pretty slim pickings for my area (Santa Clara county, California).. Awaiting the install of a roof top antenna then I can maybe do some recording and log my own QCII's...
The info in the Wiki and in the database is only as good as the users' submissions. Some areas of the US and Canada are very well documented, others not so much.

If you get tone-out info, please update the Wiki for your area.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
How does fire tone out work over P25 trunking? If I monitor a department using P25 trunking, is there something in say DSD I can 'log' that will tell me if there's a tone out being sent over the air?

Tones do not work over P25. MPSCS is starting to implement Page Groups, as opposed to Talk Groups, for handling tone outs. (A PG and a TG will appear to be the same, but there are some differences in how the system will route them, and how the pagers will handle them.)

Sent via Tapatalk

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
P25 Trunking being Modulation based it causes analog tones to distort and is much less reliable than QCII over analog. We here at Unication devised a new alerting protocol that is just as reliable as QCII over analog utilizing auxiliary dispatching TGIDs or page groups.

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
Tones do not work over P25. MPSCS is starting to implement Page Groups, as opposed to Talk Groups, for handling tone outs. (A PG and a TG will appear to be the same, but there are some differences in how the system will route them, and how the pagers will handle them.)

Sent via Tapatalk

The only difference in a Page group and a TG is on a page group the only person transmitting is the dispatching center. All of the paging behavior is handled by the pager itself.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber

Sent via Tapatalk

So - am I understanding this right - a 'tone out' on p25 trunked isn't a tone out in the sense of I can somehow program the G5 to only open up when say Engine 32 is dispatched? My local FD does have a talk group called "Fire tone out" and it's basically only the initial dispatch. Is that the best I'd be able to do is just have that TG?

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
So - am I understanding this right - a 'tone out' on p25 trunked isn't a tone out in the sense of I can somehow program the G5 to only open up when say Engine 32 is dispatched? My local FD does have a talk group called "Fire tone out" and it's basically only the initial dispatch. Is that the best I'd be able to do is just have that TG?

Thats exactly how its designed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.