Help with Hickory PD TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo62381

Premium Subscriber
I've always been great with conventional type systems, however, this is my first time with a trunked system. I have a Pro-97, and I have tried programming the proper frequencies, more than once, to no avail. I was wandering if I could get pointed in the right direction, as far as proper instruction, or if someone could post a win-97 file with Hickory TRS already done. Thanks in advance:-D

pboy

The key to programming EDACS systems is making sure you enter the frequencies in the right channels, in the right order.

For Hickory:

1. 856.9375
2. 857.9375
3. 858.9375
4. 859.9375
5. 860.9375

Whatever bank you put these in, make sure you start with channel 01 not 00!

Don't currently have any RadioShack scanners so I can't walk you through it step by step.

Check your manual for detailed EDACS setup instructions.

Also make sure you use EDACS Wide mode not Narrow (if RS models support both).

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Despite the fact that I am in Hickory every two weeks, I actually don't listen to them much.

I do have a win97 file with them programmed in though. I'll have to find it on my laptop, and I'll post it on this thread later tonight.

Neo62381

Premium Subscriber
pboy said:
Neo62381,

You get Hickory EDACS working yet?

Yes sir, I have programmed them into the proper channels, using the frequencies you have provided. However, I can't find any setting for banbdwith, as you were speaking of. I have noticed, that at the end of thier transmission, you still catch a small chirp, of those beeps....Is there anything I can do about this, I feel ike Its not switching over to the next channel as quick as it could be.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hearing a couple beeps is normal...in fact the actual users of the system hear the same thing :D glad you are up and running!
Welcome RR.com!
Marshall KE4ZNR

pboy

Neo62381 said:
Yes sir, I have programmed them into the proper channels, using the frequencies you have provided. However, I can't find any setting for banbdwith, as you were speaking of. I have noticed, that at the end of thier transmission, you still catch a small chirp, of those beeps....Is there anything I can do about this, I feel ike Its not switching over to the next channel as quick as it could be.

Sounds like you are set.

The quick chirp is heard on Uniden scanners and actual EDACS radios as well.

If you are interested in the non-PD talkgroups, I can send them to you.

pboy

Sure.

Didn't realize RR Database included non public safety TGs.

Original EDACS database site I submitted original info to years ago did not.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
pboy said:
Sure.

Didn't realize RR Database included non public safety TGs.

Original EDACS database site I submitted original info to years ago did not.

Heck, you should check out the Char/Meck page. City buses to the dog catcher. I see where it's mainly useful for IDing a TG that you've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.