• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with mc1000 and L326atone remote adapter

hfd376

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to get an mc1000 to talk to an L3276a tone remote adapter. I'm using four wire and I have the transmit and receive plus and minus of the mc1000 going to the correct 8 pin screw down accessory terminals on the L3276A. The transmit led doesn't light up when I key the mc1000. Using an audio amp, I can hear the function tones coming from the mc1000 at the accessory connector. The sanity led on the L3276 circuit board is blinking. As far as I know, both devices were new old stock. The purpose of the exercise to to remote a single channel radio, so there's no need for channel steering. Obviously, it's not keying he radio either. I've tried connecting the mc1000 to an mtr2000, and I could hear audio from the mtr, but could not key it.

As far as I understand, the mc1000 simply sends the function tones to the tra, and the tra tells the radio to key and de key. It seems like the tra isn't hearing the function tone from the mc1000. Does anyone have a solution?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The MC1000 remote does not connect to the 8 pin accessory connector. That is only used for local remotes. You need to input your wireline to the Line in modular jack to use a tone remote.

hfd376

Premium Subscriber
The MC1000 remote does not connect to the 8 pin accessory connector. That is only used for local remotes. You need to input your wireline to the Line in modular jack to use a tone remote.
Thanks, I'll try that. What would be considered a local remote?

hfd376

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I'll try that. What would be considered a local remote?
According to the documentation, pins 1-4 of the accessory connector is what the mc1000 connects to. I'm assuming the wireline they refer to would be for a leased phone line. Is that not correct?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
A local remote has discrete lines for receive audio, transmit audio, PTT and monitor. Also called E&M signaling. It really doesn't need to connect to the adaptor as they can be wired directly to a radio. Makes for a simple set up however they can't be very far from the base. Hence the term "local". Tone remotes on the other hand can be miles and miles via a phone line.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The Line connector is for any wireline which is what the tone remote uses. It's been so long since I screwed with those I can't say the accessory connector pins 1-4 will respond to function tone or not. Safest is to use the line in as this is how most TRAs are connected.

hfd376

Premium Subscriber
The Line connector is for any wireline which is what the tone remote uses. It's been so long since I screwed with those I can't say the accessory connector pins 1-4 will respond to function tone or not. Safest is to use the line in as this is how most TRAs are connected.
Okay, thanks for the explanation.

RadioGuy7268

Have you programmed the MC1000 as a 4 wire remote ? Have you opened up the MC1000 and confirmed that the 4 wires are all connected properly?

hfd376

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, that's likely the issue, I haven't done the button sequence to program anything. The dip switch 3-3 is on in the 4 wire position.