Help with SDR Trunk not showing alias TG's on a system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
This is baffling me. I set up SDR Trunk on a friends Chromebox PC. Running Win10. We set up the Rhode Island "RISCON" system with 2 of the 4 sites. They work fine....Using an RTL-SDR dongle connected to an 800 mhz antenna. When I programmed one of the other sites, It plays when "play" is pressed but NO AUDIO and I looked in the "Alias" section for that particular site and there are no identifiers (TG)!! Both other sites are OK.....we deleted that site and re programmed about 3 more times with same result. Am I missing a step? I dont think so since I have programmed this software numerous times. Here is the order I program:
1. pick system out of Radio Reference drop down list....
2. pick site/county
3. Create "New Alias list"
4. While still in talkgroup view, hilight the correct Alias list then "Import all talkgroups"
5. Go to "system view" and "Create channel config"
6. Save
7. Play
So when we press "play" the yellow "Control" lights up and you can see the stations communicating. But NO AUDIO! When we looked in the Alias lists for that particular site there are NO IDENTIFIERS, or TALK GROUPS listed, only the names of the entities. So without a talk group number, the program /radio has nothing to play back. We tried MANUALLY entering in the missing data, one thing at a time by deleting the TG first then redoing it.....no good taking forever. What could cause the alias's/TG's not transferring over when we import???? We are importing to the proper site/New alias list......HELP!

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Which sites exactly?
Here is the system on RR database: Rhode Island Statewide Communications Network (RISCON) Trunking System, Statewide, Rhode Island - Scanner Frequencies And the site we're are having trouble with is the "EAST" site. North and South work fine. When we programmed this site everrything went smooth and when trying to just play that one site, no audio and no aliases with TG numbers when we go to >Playlist editor>Aliases>East site>Identifiers......the Identifiers column is BLANK! But stuff in middle and right columns filled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.