Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayl

Hi-
I just moved to the Milwaukee area from Michigan. I used to scan my local police department in Michigan, but their setup was simplex (I think that's what it's called), where I only had to put in the frequency and then I was good to go. Can someone give me some insight on how I can program my scanner to monitor the follow frequencies? My scanner is a Radioshack Pro 94, and from looking at the manual, I see that I should be able to monitor the Motorola Type II system that these frequencies are on. If I need a different scanner, what one do you recommend?
Thanks-

36656 City of Brown Deer Police Department "A01" - Dispatch
36688 City of Brown Deer Police Department "A02"
36720 City of Brown Deer Police Department "A03"
36752 City of Brown Deer Police Department "A04"
22448 Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office - Patrol 2 (Countywide Channel)

Is the last one the countywide channel that pursuits are dispatched on?

Thanks!

CrabbyMilton

Welcome to Milwaukee. Before I go any further, I took the LAKE EXPRESS over there for a day back in June for the first time and enjoyed driving and walking around Muskegon for a Saturday.
It looks like you are off to a great start with your scanner. This site alone under the data base section will give you more than enough info the crazy thing called scanning. 22448 is the channel that other police agencys can talk to each other thru the Milwaukee County Sheriff and yes, alot of that stems from chases that spill over borders so you will want that one. Another one that I love is 32944. That is MABAS(IFERN) where local and regional fire departments talk to each other. It can also be heard on 154.265 which 32944 is the so called patch. IL. intrer angecy communications can be heard.
Please feel free to ask if you have nay other questions as that's what we are here for.

Mweiher

Milwaukee County Chase Channels

Yes, the F2 channel is the one that's supposed to be used for chases. You'll quickly find out that other regional partners are also asking for access to this talk group on our system, so, for example, WKSH Chase Channel is permanently patched to F2. In addition, 800 mhz radios in other areas are also able to be patched in, such as for the Ozaukee County EDACS system through a patch at Bayside PD.

Not sure why you'd want the lower tiered (P2-4) for BD PD though.

mkescan

They really need to find a better (cooler) name for Sheriff F2,since so many agencies have it in their radios.
How about the old "MAC"

Waukesha has "County Chase" "County Assist" "County Tac"
Ozaukee has " The Net"

Mweiher

Note that in my post I didn't say "Sheriff F2". I know that dispatchers are very used to saying "x hailing MCSO on Sheriff F2", but in reality we've been trying to use F2 only.

Again, we're dealing with things that are ingrained - and it'll take awhile. Trying to come up with a completely different name would be difficult.

Remember that when it was originally created, it was for Transit to talk directly to MSCO. As more came on the system, it was decided it was a good group of talk groups (f2 and county-wide 1-4) for interop communications between agencies. Then it progressed to F2 being hailing and chase only.

Waukesha's radio system was built out with the knowledge beforehand that there needed to be some county-wide communications for these type situations. When "Sheriff" F2 was created, it was only MCSO and MCTS.

Now it's so ingrained, I can't fathom changing the name. Although I personally like MAC better. (I was a MacIntosh person back in the "Lisa" days - before I was converted so it has a second special meaning.)

How about a poll on what we should name it? A price for the best name.

CrabbyMilton

How about MCLERN. Milwaukee County Law Enforcement Radio Network. Ok, I'll take a FAMOUS DAVE'S rib dinner. :)

Mweiher

MCLERN? Kinda sounds like McLearn, right? So it's probably more appropriate for a McRib sandwich.....

All kidding aside, I personally would like to see it get away from Milwaukee County label as well. Even though it's technically just a talk group on our system, it's already being used on a regional basis.

SEWRPIT - South East Wisconsin Radio Police Interop Talkgroup

Now there's an idea!

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
MCLERN? Kinda sounds like McLearn, right? So it's probably more appropriate for a McRib sandwich.....

All kidding aside, I personally would like to see it get away from Milwaukee County label as well. Even though it's technically just a talk group on our system, it's already being used on a regional basis.

SEWRPIT - South East Wisconsin Radio Police Interop Talkgroup

Now there's an idea!

SEWRPIT? You win. Let's make it official.

mkescan

Some fire departments use F2 with MCSO to confirm what ramp to get on etc,so it's more then just a law enforcement talkgroup

I say MCNET - Milwaukee County Net,I bet most users will just say "on the net"
That might confuse Ozaukee Sheriff if they are listening,but that's no big deal

Mweiher

Some fire departments use F2 with MCSO to confirm what ramp to get on etc,so it's more then just a law enforcement talkgroup

I say MCNET - Milwaukee County Net,I bet most users will just say "on the net"
That might confuse Ozaukee Sheriff if they are listening,but that's no big deal

You're right...but then we'd have to give up SEWRPIT! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.