Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyK

Premium Subscriber
Just got a PSR-500 as a gift and i can not seem to prgram anything into it. I am used to older scanners that are simple to operate. Owners manual does not seem to help. Hate to put back in box put down in basement to collect dust to expensive for that. Be grateful for any help.

Highpockets

Just got a PSR-500 as a gift and i can not seem to prgram anything into it. I am used to older scanners that are simple to operate. Owners manual does not seem to help. Hate to put back in box put down in basement to collect dust to expensive for that. Be grateful for any help.

Try looking into this software (30 day free trial):

Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

And use this Guide to get you started, your already are a Premium Subscriber and you should have the programming cable:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

JohnnyK

Premium Subscriber
I might be lucky but i have no idea how to use the darn thing and owners manual is greek to me.

NYRHKY94

JohnnyK:

Like the other nice guys have stated here, your best bet is to use the programming cable that came with your gift and either import some frequencies/systems right into your scanner from the RR database.....or get the free Win500 software trial and program it that way. One of the best ways to get going is to go to the RR forum for your state and see if anybody there has a programming file for your area that they can share with you.

Good luck with your nice gift!

Status
Not open for further replies.