help?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stawatt

i dont wanna drill holes or have some huge antenna's sticking out the back of my car so where can i get a small stealth type, maybe even one that just stickes on my window for an Uniden Beartracher 800 MHz or is is possible, thanks guys.

btritch

Not Sure, Try Adapter

They make an adapter that will hook to your vehicle FM antenna that will split the signal from your antenna to your radio and then also to your scanner.. I'm not sure about any on glass scanner antenna but I might try that also. I don't know how good they are or how hard they are to install but if you don't want any unsightly antennas on the car then that is just a suggestion. I know they make them I have found them before...It's been awhile thought but I figure you can still find one somewhere, Ebay or radioshack, etc. but it's supposed to split your antenna on your FM radio to your radio and to your scanner...Just a suggestion, About All I know To Do, Someone else might have more but I don't, Sorry I couldn't suggest more...

SLWilson

Trunk mount...

I'd order (to your desired frequency) an antenna from Antenex. Below is what I have for my Pro96. I ordered a NMO trunk lip mount. No problem to install. If you're going someplace and don't want anyone to see it, there are two allen screws you loosen and throw it in the trunk. http://www.antenex.com/index051206.htm

It's rubber coated so there's no scratchimg or marring of your paint...

I actually have a 1/4 wave VHF Hi band antenna in the center of the trunk lid and the 800 Mhz antenna on the left side....

The 800 Mhz has a great RX.....I hope that h elps you out a little! Let us all know what you decide!!!!!

Steve/KB8FAR :)

Attachments

• Impala 2.JPG
    Impala 2.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Impala 3.JPG
    Impala 3.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Gooser

stawatt said:
...maybe even one that just stickes on my window ....
A few weeks ago, there were a few posts of an adapter that was essentially a short run of coax that had BNC connetors and suction cups for sticking a duck on the inside of a car window. Used to sell them at Radio Shack and, I think, Universal had/has 'em too.

I have been trying to find those posts but can't. Maybe someone will read this and be able to ressurect it :)

krass66

Gooser said:
A few weeks ago, there were a few posts of an adapter that was essentially a short run of coax that had BNC connetors and suction cups for sticking a duck on the inside of a car window. Used to sell them at Radio Shack and, I think, Universal had/has 'em too.

I have been trying to find those posts but can't. Maybe someone will read this and be able to ressurect it :)

Looks like this is the one
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanants/3069.html

hydrolocked

SLWilson said:
You think that'd REALLY work?
Steve :confused:

the link? I thought so.

ANYTHING will work as an antenna, the question is whether or not it will be an EFFICIENT antenna.

The AM/FM replacement looks like a feasable antenna.

the license plates...well... it'd probably make more sense to run a coax to the plate and hook it up yourself for a scanner. a lot cheaper, anyway.

it's more "food for thought" than anything.

I've used on-glass antennas with no problems, though i prefer the "dual band ham" on-glass antennas to the "scanner" on-glass antennas.... always gives me a backup antenna for transmitting if i need it.

bee

The valor "pmm3b" from Universal Electronics is a really good low profile antenna! I have three.

Status
Not open for further replies.