Henderson cps

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9cra

Years ago, I heard on the news that after a social worker was killed, cps workers in Henderson now carry 2way radios. This was long ago, so I'm not sure if they still do this, but it might be interesting to have the frequency on hand. What should I look for? Do you think it would be under something like Devision of children and Family, or would it simply be a frequency licensed to the city or county? Does anyone listen to it? Do they only use them for emergencies, or is there general chatter on them? Sometimes, when groups of employees are given radios, they may have cell phones, but the urge to communicate with one another, whether it's within the rules of how the radios are to be used or not, seems to lean toward the radio over the fancy cellular gadgets.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Years ago, I heard on the news that after a social worker was killed, cps workers in Henderson now carry 2way radios. This was long ago, so I'm not sure if they still do this, but it might be interesting to have the frequency on hand. What should I look for? Do you think it would be under something like Devision of children and Family, or would it simply be a frequency licensed to the city or county? Does anyone listen to it? Do they only use them for emergencies, or is there general chatter on them? Sometimes, when groups of employees are given radios, they may have cell phones, but the urge to communicate with one another, whether it's within the rules of how the radios are to be used or not, seems to lean toward the radio over the fancy cellular gadgets.

If it is was a safety issue they probably carry police radios on the main dispatch channel allowing them to call for immediate backup, which is common in many cities.

Last edited:

kb32

I have heard social workers use the Sheriff in neighboring counties.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
If "Questionable" behavior, drugs, or weapons are on site local law enforcement goes with the social worker to the site.
There was talk of a “panic button” for the social worker to carry when they make a visit, now days it is more like a cell phone due to the budget & build out needs.
I knew this social worker, she nor anyone else needed this to happen.
It was a tragedy

kb32

Actually I've hear them use Sheriffs freqs in Henderson before. They do the same in Daviess Co, Ky to the east.

Never out that way so I wouldn't know. That's just what they do here in the mountains.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
Any idea of how they ID on the radios in Henderson & Daviess CO, I'll try to monitor for them. Here in Union CO, they just use cell phones & call for police that way if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.