History lesson request

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveharpe

I've been following the various deployments of FRCC, DTRS, MARC, Westminster, etc. and technically they all make sense. What I'd like to know is some of the history of how they came to be. DTRS seemed to be a solution designed for everyone, but based on the FRCC splinter it seems like that is not the case. Westminster seems to be an interesting story. I just have no background on the story behind these various systems.

Would anyone care to give a history lesson on the various systems and how they came to be? I would really enjoy the story and I'm sure others could benefit as well.

Much appreciated...

Dave

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
In contrast with DTRS, the "launch" of FRCC had no press releases, photo ops, or any other publicity whatsoever (AFAIK). I am still not clear on the background behind FRCC, other than substantial dissatisfaction with funding allocation structures and governance/authority/"management" issues within CCNC (those may be the two biggest reasons?).

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
In contrast with DTRS, the "launch" of FRCC had no press releases, photo ops, or any other publicity whatsoever (AFAIK). I am still not clear on the background behind FRCC, other than substantial dissatisfaction with funding allocation structures and governance/authority/"management" issues within CCNC (those may be the two biggest reasons?).

Here is the only story I've seen FRCC mentioned... COMMISSIONERS HOST OPEN HOUSE FOR NEW WELD COUNTY REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS CENTER | Crime | Aurora News

My understanding behind FRCC's creation is largely due to the issues you mentioned. Barbara Kirkmeyer was a big proponent of the change.

Troop

it's actually like a history story of going back in time...like to 1999 and earlier....where nobody can monitor or really talk to each other

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
In the beginning prior to DTRS in the 1990's.

Aurora Motorola IIi single site system

Arapahoe County Motorola smartzone system

Denver, Arvada and Westminster EDACS

Lakewood EDACS AEGIS digital which was problematic they dropped using digital within months of implementation.

Wheatridge Motorola type II single site.

Adams County, Brighton, Commerce City, Northglenn, Thornton, Federal Heights, Broomfield, Littleton, Glendale, Fort Collins, Greeley and Weld County UHF.

Boulder, Boulder County, Golden, Jeffco, Douglas County, Parker, Castle Rock, Englewood, Sheridan, Loveland, Larimer County, Estes Park, Weld County Fire and Colorado State Patrol VHF.

It was quite fragmented back then.

ADCOM also had a couple of Low Band channels in the early 90's, Roads and I think (almost 20 years ago, don't quote me) North Metro Fire used them, it may have been a simucast of one of the 460.525-550-575 frequencies.

City of Brighton was (is?) on 45.60.

Ft Lupton had their own police, 159.2250 and fire dispatch, 154.2350. Ft. Lupton also dispatched for Hudson VFD.

Colorado Law Enforcement Emergency Radio (CLEER) on 460.425.

Status
Not open for further replies.