HP-2: home patrol 2

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is it Worth getting Home Patrol 2 for 300 dollars and it only works on Batteries..Thanks
You mean that you cannot power it via the USB cord? With a “known good” cable?

I’d be somewhat leary of that. If the USB port is defective or damaged, you likely would be unable to put it into mass storage mode for favorites list or database updates.

Yes, the memory card is easily accessible, so you could use an external card adapter for programming and updates, but I’d still be wondering if there are additional issues lurking.

Reactions: wtp

Nasby

I would not pay that much. You can find fully working used HP2s for around $300 in the classifieds here and on Marketplace, etc.
It will cost you at least $100 to have the scanner repaired by Uniden. So you’re talking over $400 for a fully functioning HP2 if you decide to get it fixed. Not a good deal.

OldBiker54

Premium Subscriber
I would not pay that much. You can find fully working used HP2s for around $300 in the classifieds here and on Marketplace, etc.
It will cost you at least $100 to have the scanner repaired by Uniden. So you’re talking over $400 for a fully functioning HP2 if you decide to get it fixed. Not a good deal.
Im in Rhode Island ,,I found a NOS Home Patrol 1 for 180.00 so I will tinker with it

Reactions: wtp

trp2525

HRO price for the HomePatrol-2 is now $599.99, an increase of $150.00!
When I posted that HRO sale price of $449.95 on Tuesday (02-09-2024) in post #7 above, it specifically said on the HRO website that the sale price was good until 02-29-2024. I wonder if "somebody" contacted HRO and told them to end that $449.95 sale price and raise their price up to the Uniden HomePatrol-2 Minimum Advertised Price of $599.99???

Perhaps HRO complied with the "request" and ended the sale price early to avoid getting called down to the principal's office??? LOL