HP-2: Home-Patrol II - Question

caesarnero

Forgive me as I am not that knowledgeable about scanners and radios. Just got the Home Patrol 2, and it seems I cannot pickup (automatically through the scanner's database) EMS Dispatch, and Sheriff Tac 2. I am able to pickup the regular sheriff's radio, county and city fire, etc.

Are these encrypted? Or do I need to manually add them since they are talkgroups or what?

Thank you!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but:
#1 Yes the talkgroups of your interest are encrypted. Mode "TE" means full encryption & mode "Te" means partial encryption. No scanner can pick them up, PERIOD! Fire Dispatch is clear, Mode "T"
DECModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
150TSchool BusesSchool BusesSchools
155TCounty Fire DispFire: DispatchFire Dispatch
158TESheriff Disp 1Sheriff' Dispatch (Ch 1)Law Dispatch
159TESheriff Tac 2Sheriff: Tactical (Ch 2)Law Tac
170TeEMS DispatchEMS: DispatchEMS Dispatch
173TEEMS Ops 173EMS: OpsEMS-Tac

#2 The system is DMR Cap+ which the Home patrol-II cannot track anyhow. See supported receivers in link below if you'd like to track the mode "T" talkgroups. The Uniden offerings require a paid DMR upgrade to be bought & activated but they're the only scanners that properly trunk track MotoTRBO/DMR which is needed in your case. In addition to the price of the scanner add $60 for the paid upgrade if bought direct from Uniden. Other retailers upsell the DMR upgrade price a bit

1.4 Monitoring DMR

The decision is yours if you wish to move forward with another scanner to be able to track the mode "T" talkgroups...

Hartwell​

161THartwell FireFire: DispatchFire Dispatch
164THartwell PolicePolice: DispatchLaw Dispatch

Last edited:

caesarnero

Welcome to the RR forums. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but:
#1 Yes the talkgroups of your interest are encrypted. Mode "TE" means full encryption & mode "Te" means partial encryption. No scanner can pick them up, PERIOD! Fire Dispatch is clear, Mode "T"
158TESheriff Disp 1Sheriff' Dispatch (Ch 1)Law Dispatch
159TESheriff Tac 2Sheriff: Tactical (Ch 2)Law Tac
170TeEMS DispatchEMS: DispatchEMS Dispatch
173TEEMS Ops 173EMS: OpsEMS-Tac

#2 The system is DMR Cap+ which the Home patrol-II cannot track anyhow. See supported receivers in link below if you'd like to track the mode "T" talkgroups. The Uniden offerings require a paid DMR upgrade to be bought & activated but they're the only scanners that properly trunk track MotoTRBO/DMR which is needed in your case. In addition to the price of the scanner add $60 for the paid upgrade if bought direct from Uniden. Other retailers upsell the DMR upgrade price a bit

1.4 Monitoring DMR

The decision is yours if you wish to move forward with another scanner to be able to track the mode "T" talkgroups...

Hartwell​

161THartwell FireFire: DispatchFire Dispatch
164THartwell PolicePolice: DispatchLaw Dispatch
Thank you so much for the reply and the very useful information! It is much appreciated.