Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0elb

listening to recordings on PC

I enjoy being able to dump Discovery mode recordings to the PC for detailed listening and to see collected data on those hits. I also like being able to record everything I am scanning. It would be great to have the ability to dump the daily recordings to Sentinel and play them back like I can with those captured in Discovery mode. I have seen comments about using MediaMonkey to play back the recordings but MediaMonkey does not display all the HP-1 wav file chunks in an HP-1 fashion. I have examined the wav files created with the HP-1 and looked at the technical documentation available on the HomePatrol web site. I have noticed the chunks like ISRC, ITCH, ISBJ and ICOP listed in the documentation do not exist in my wav files and did not exists in Jay911's sample he posted. I wonder if there are others looking at the details of the recorded wav files.

AuntEnvy

HP1 setup

Well, I got my unit and I'm doing the initial setup.

How long should the initial setup/update take when first connecting to the computer? It's been on the white screen for 15 minutes now.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Until you update the firmware to 2.x, it is going to continuously show a white screen when you plug it into the PC. It will go back to a more normal looking display after you unplug it. After updating the firmware, the screen will look more normal whether connected or not.

AuntEnvy

Thanks UP

Gettin a little nervous ;) I thought that's what I was suppose to do to get the firmware update.

Do I have to go to the link you gave me and download that 2.0 first I assume?

AuntEnvy

I can't get the file to open. It keeps gong to Itunes whenever I try. Must be something in my computer.

Is there someway to load it on a disc from another computer and put it on mine?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I can't get the file to open. It keeps gong to Itunes whenever I try. Must be something in my computer.

Is there someway to load it on a disc from another computer and put it on mine?

You probably have that file extension associated with iTunes. You also might have know extensions hidden. Try right-clicking on the file and select "open with".

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

AuntEnvy

Yes, I'm trying that now. Thanks for your reply.

Problem is, I'm not quick enough to figure this kind of stuff out. Guess I need to change the settings in i tunes so that could take a while. ;)

AuntEnvy

I think I found it. Looked under "associate files" with programs and it said itunes for zip files, changed it to explorer? Guess I'll keep pluggin along...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi - it's not WinZip. If you are using XP or later, just in a Windows Explorer window, right-click on the zipfile. One of the options should be "Extract". If you want to make a zipfile from a series of files, highlight them in Windows Explorer, right-click, and select "Send to>Compressed (zipped) folder". The zipfile will have the name of the file you right-clicked on.

AuntEnvy

Zips

I must have something wrong with my computer. Now when I attempt the download my screen starts spazing and I get 15-20 window tabs, just flashes the screen and loads window tabs.

I was planning on getting a new modem anyway so I guess now is the time.

I'll keep the rest of the info on hand though. Thanks for helping folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.