HP-2: HomePatrol 2 - no record or replay

dmg1969

Hi all. My HomePatrol-2 is having an issue all of a sudden. The Replay and Record options on the display are "greyed out". I can resolve it by turning the scanner off, removing the power cord, plugging it back in and turning it back on. It may be OK for a few hours, but it eventually greys out again. Thinking that it was simply an SD card issue, I tried swapped the MicroSD card from my HomePatrol-1 that is mounted in my vehicle (same size...4GB) with the same results. Has anyone else had this issue?

tjnevins

MXZ
Premium Subscriber
Hi all. My HomePatrol-2 is having an issue all of a sudden. The Replay and Record options on the display are "greyed out". I can resolve it by turning the scanner off, removing the power cord, plugging it back in and turning it back on. It may be OK for a few hours, but it eventually greys out again. Thinking that it was simply an SD card issue, I tried swapped the MicroSD card from my HomePatrol-1 that is mounted in my vehicle (same size...4GB) with the same results. Has anyone else had this issue?

Are the batteries charged (ie., holding a charge)?
Otherwise replace them if they are dry cells.

Ubbe

@JoeBearcat Uniden really needs to adress this with all their portable scanners. They could have the display say "Batteries missing or low. Do you want to continue with SD card writes disabled?" If you select No it will still do recordings, or time out after 10 sec with a default Yes.

It is the same risk with mobile scanners that any power loss can create SD card corruptions, so they should just simply get rid of that battery missing detect function all together when external power are used with a portable scanner. There's no rhyme or reason to the current behavior as you can write a programming to the scanners SD card even without it having any batteries and just powered from the PC's USB programming port.

/Ubbe

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Battery is the backup. If only the mobiles had that a lot of issues would be solved.