HomePatrol1 SD Digital Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

xplorer77

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a homepatrol 1 but not having any luck with the sd system. The scanner is receiving the Mn AMER system just fine. I am in the NE corner of the states the summit tower is the main site I should recieve. I do have a GRE 500 that has worked great for years but I know that also gave me some grief getting it setup the first time. I have a current database loaded. Would like to hear from others about their experience with the homepatrol in sd.

mark432k

KC0LRU
The HP 1 works (sorta) fine with the South Dakota system. If I had to bet, you may need to explore an antenna option depending on where you actually have the receiver. Good way to find out is lock your scan on the South Dakota State Radio System and pay attention to the signal bars in the upper right hand corner of the radio. While it's scanning, you should see some activity on the signal bars. If not, probably an antenna/reception issue.

The other possibility is how you have the range set up. Crank it as high as it goes and see if anything changes. I think the highest you can go is 30 miles.

If those two don't work, trick the radio into thinking you are somewhere else. Enter a zip code closer to that Summit tower and see if anything changes.

Overall the radio is pretty foolproof from a programming perspective. You just have to find the little tricks in your area to make it happy.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.