Horry Co Fire

mcrabtree

I was looking in the database and can't find a fire disp for Horry county. I'm guessing they still use the Horry Co P25 system?

Tobydog

Look at the RR database in Horry County. Calls for service are dispatched on HCFR Tac 1,2,3. There is no Dispatch as such, stations get alerts on digital pagers. All other radio traffic is on Tac 1, Tac 2 and Tac 3. Program those 3 TG ID and you won't miss a thing for fire calls. Myrtle Beach and N Myrtle Beach have their own talkgroups but are also dispatched over Horry system

Tobydog

Additionally, system is totally simulcast, plan for the issues on monitoring

mcrabtree

I have everything programmed I just didn't see a designated disp channel. I have the sds100.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
In the SDS100, the three channels named Tac 1 North, Tac 2 South, and Tac 3 Central will show a Service Tag of "Fire Dispatch". There's no "dispatch" channel for Horry County FR. Tac 1-3 are used for dispatch and operations. Then, larger incidents are moved to the other tac channels as needed.

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Tac 1 is for North Dispatch. Tac 4 and 5 are for North incidents.
Tac 2 is for South Dispatch, Tac 6 and 7 are for South Incidents.
Tac 3 is for Central Dispatch. Tac 8 and 9 are for Central incidents.

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Some changes were recently made with the new Purvis dispatch system coming online.

Tac 1 is Battalion One (North)
Tac 2 is Battalion Two (South)
Tac 3 is Battalion Three (Central)
Tac 4 is Battalion Four (West).

Tac's 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 are assigned on an "as needed" basis for Incidents, (starting with Tac 5).