Horseshoe Bay Area

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been to the area in a while, and I have some questions about all of the law enforcement channels in the area. It seems like almost every agency now has its own dispatch or is combined with some other little towns.

7183- City of Burnet PD own dispatch? Are they no longer on BCSO 7171?

7195- Marble Falls PD with Granite Shoals still?

7204- Horseshoe Bay, Cotten Wood Shores, and Granite Shoals. Is GSPD on this channel or on Marble Falls?

7303- WR Interop PS 1—The call nodes seem busy, with dispatchers talking to each other from Burnet. I couldn't make out the other dispatcher they were talking with.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
All that you need to know is back in spring, dispatch responsibility of Burnet (City of) was transferred from Burnet SO ("COUNTY") to Marble Falls ("COM"). A previously underutilized talkgroup already assigned to Burnet PD as a tactical channel was reassigned as a dispatch channel.

Marble Falls dispatches every PD but Bertram in the county. MFPD's dispatch channel should also have Granite Shoals on it, Burnet PD is on their own channel with OAPD being used for everyone else.

WR PS 01...is kind of a multi use channel. It's actively monitored by every dispatch center in Western Counties and maybe Lampasas PD. So it can be used as a single place to contact all dispatch centers in the area (Marble Falls, Burnet County, Llano County, Blanco County). So when Marble Falls needs to get ahold of Burnet County they use that. You will also occasionally hear out of county resources reaching out to specific dispatches as a general calling channel.