Hotspot dashboard on Android

Kd8lzl

I recently bought and setup a hotspot. I'm using my phone as the internet and have no router. I can get on the pi star dashboard just fine with my laptop. The trouble is I can't get on the dashboard using Chrome on my phone. I set it up on my phone, I tapped on a wifi connection and set it up no problem. I fine tuned everything else on my laptop same internet through my phone. I want to run the dashboard on my phone. I typed all the pi-star combination addresses into the top line of the browser just like the laptop and get nothing but error screens. What am I missing here. I found a link that says to put ip address in and it should come up but I get error screen with that too. They aren't too specific on what to enter with ip address anyway. Thanks for your time.

Kd8lzl

I didn't get the dashboard up on my phone yet, I did find a way to shut it off without having a dashboard though rf command. That's mostly what I was concerned about talking it out portable and having to shut it down safely.

hitechRadio

I think you will have to use a laptop.
The reason being is that the hotspot is issuing a different IP subnet than your Carrier LTE IP subnet.
For example: Your Pi-star is getting an IP of 192.168.0.0/24, while on your carrier LTE side the IP is 99.172.0.0/24 as an example.
Example..When you try to access your Pi on by typing the ip (http://192.168.0.10) or by domain name (http://pi-star.local/admin), it fails because your chrome browser is being routed to the LTE subnet of 99.172.0.0 subnet..you MUST be on the same subnet as the pi-star to access it.
Make sense???
I have not figured out a way around it, might be a router app. I was never to concerned to figure out a solution. Always had my laptop on me connected to my phone in hotspot mode.
I use an Samsung android S20-Ultra 5g

Kd8lzl

Yes thank you for your response. I've just been using the pi star remote control for shutting off my hotspot when I'm at work. Thanks for the help and take care. AA8NN

kb1fua

I recently bought and setup a hotspot. I'm using my phone as the internet and have no router. I can get on the pi star dashboard just fine with my laptop. The trouble is I can't get on the dashboard using Chrome on my phone. I set it up on my phone, I tapped on a wifi connection and set it up no problem. I fine tuned everything else on my laptop same internet through my phone. I want to run the dashboard on my phone. I typed all the pi-star combination addresses into the top line of the browser just like the laptop and get nothing but error screens. What am I missing here. I found a link that says to put ip address in and it should come up but I get error screen with that too. They aren't too specific on what to enter with ip address anyway. Thanks for your time.
I'm having the same issue as well. I have a Samsung A12. I have never used the pistar zero mobile, it's always stayed and used at home. We are planning a trip to IL for Thanksgiving to see the kids, and grandkids, and thought about setting up the pistar with my phone...but...nope...
I can get the hotspot to work after I set up my phone as the second connection for the internet, but cannot get to the pistar dashboard to change anything like YSF, or DMR, etc...
Down right frustrating. I do not have a laptop, just a desktop computer.
I cannot even get my old Samsung Galaxy tablet to get to the dashboard...ugh!
Oh well...it is what it is.

w2xq

Mentor
Use an IP address with the phone's browser to access the dashboard. If you don't know it, download a utility from the apps store to the phone and you will find the right IP address. HTH.