Icom: how do I set up Icom 2200h to connect for d-star gateway use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

classictvfan

How do I set up Icom 2200h for d-star gateway use? I have the d-star module installed in the radio and I have read the instruction manual and have tried and tried and tried, but everytime I change rpt 2, rpt 1 changes to the same thing as rpt 2, and everytime I change rpt 1 back, rpt 2 sets itself to the same thing as rpt 1. In other words, no matter what you set rpt 1 and rpt2 to, rpt 1 and rpt 2 are always set to the exact same thing. I have found out on the inter et other people saying Icom purpisely designed the d-star repeater settings this way on the 2200h.
to
However, I have also found out on the internet other people saying repeater owners said "having rpt 1 and rpt 2 set to the exact same thing IS UNACCEPTABLE and MUST be set differently,"

The Icom 2200h instruction manual also says to set them differently, but that is impossible on the 2200h.

So how do I correctly set rpt 1 and rpt 2 to different repeaters on the icom 2200h so I can make a call to a distant repeater in another city or another country???

How do I get rpt 1 and rpt 2 to be set to different repeaters?????

Instead of rpt 1 and rpt 2 always switching to the same as whatever you set the other one to.

s

Hit_Factor

I don't have a 2200, but I use software to program DStar on my radios.

Which repeater are you trying to access? I can check the settings and post them here - just a peer check.

This has nothing to do with programming, did you register your callsign for DStar?

Status
Not open for further replies.