How do I toggle Zip Code Scan on SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8prr

Very stupid question, but can someone tell me how to toggle the Zip Code scan on and off on my SDS 100, and for that matter on my '36 scanners also? Sorry to be so dumb for as long as I've used Uniden scanners, butt I need help!

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
On the topic of zip codes, and especially in the US, this link is helpful if you have a mobile device with GPS in it like a smartphone. It will tell you what ZIP code you're in and I used it a lot before I bought the GPS unit for my scanners.

https://www.whatismyzip.com/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The scanner will always apply the currently set location to determine what is scanned from the main database and any FL that has location control enabled. There is no "turn on" or "turn off" for this.

ecarvalho

Premium Subscriber
To enter your zip press Zip/Services
08004fc0504c07cba5551a5ecfd5b52b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

phask

Premium Subscriber
Very stupid question, but can someone tell me how to toggle the Zip Code scan on and off on my SDS 100, and for that matter on my '36 scanners also? Sorry to be so dumb for as long as I've used Uniden scanners, butt I need help!

You need to explain what you are trying to do - there is no off and on, but there are favorite lists and full database.

w8prr

Talked to Uniden support this afternoon and the answer was simple, just turn full database off or on, works fine.
Thanks to all who replied.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
So, I suspect your actual question was "How do I scan only my own Favorites Lists and not the Main Database?"

Status
Not open for further replies.