How many people here would return their x36HP to Uniden for a full refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiesel1

Where do I send it?
Actually, I've already contact Uniden's management in Japan who has acknowledged my complaint. The initial response stated they were unaware of the situation but would investigate. Trust me, the Japanese take customer satisfaction much more seriously than here in the US.

Do you mind posting your contact in Japan? I'd like a refund on mine as well.

oceans777

Listener
We purchased a number of 536's from Amazon and foolishly chose to believe Siren would be out in October so the return date passed.
Talked to Amazon today and they were happy to take all units back, full refund. A product supervisor called us back later to document the non-existent wifi, Analyze, Siren that are still listed as features. She indicated Amazon takes this seriously and will not continue selling a product that is not accurate (honest imho) so they will investigate.

I hope at least they make it clear to others before they buy but who knows. It's amazing that Uniden won't.

KN4QHZ

Keep Us Advise

Please keep us advised. This is probably going to be the only solution to the Siren App Pipe Dream of Uniden.

Hulca

Has anyone approached HRO with the same question of a refund for the x36 units?
I am hoping they do the same as Amazon!

Maybe I will call.

durangoGreg

I bought mine at HRO as well but it was nearly 9 months ago. Their policy is pretty clear about refunds and I am well past the return date.

I definitely would return my 536 as it has little value to me without the siren app. I need the remote head capabilities to use in my vehicle. The only reason I purchased was for use while traveling. Siren app was a critical part of the purchase. I had no idea at the time that it was never going to come about and was only bait and switch tactic used by Uniden.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I'm with Fuzy on the swap!

Since we are discussing refunds and Amazon was mentioned, I will say that having us as the consumers stop buying Uniden products in protest is probably a pipe dream, as is a successful class action lawsuit.

The TRUE power here lies in dealers such as Amazon.com. Until a year or so ago I never considered them as a source for niche scanner or amateur radio equipment. However, it is mind blowing how astronomical there inventory has become, from the latest scanners and Baofeng type Chinese amateur radios, to tiny hard to find adaptors, etc.

The best part of Amazon, however, is their customer service as was mentioned by someone else above.

The pricing is often as good or better then competing radio vendors, and they also offer the choice of used items, items being sold new by other vendors and and re-furbished items where you can save a bunch of money. In many cases the shipping is free and Prime members get it in two days!

They offer price protection so is the the price on your item drops within a period of time they will match it and refund the difference.

I recently bought a Baofeng HT listed as brand new. It was sold by Baofeng Tech and fulfilled by Amazon. When I received the item it had apparently been re-packaged and may have been a return, not sure but it worked fine. I complained to Amazon and they issued a credit for 50% of the cost back to me.

The point here is that if enough of us complain to dealers like Amazon about items such as the 536 missing features, etc., Amazon will most likely refuse to sell the item. Maybe other radio dealers will follow suit as well and that is where we can put pressure on Uniden to do the right thing.

I am going to join the poster above and issue a formal complaint to Amazon regarding the 536 and 436 issues as I purchased both from Amazon. They may offer full refunds, partial refunds, or at least consider yet another complaint from a customer as to this issue and remove the items from being offered on Amazon.

Let's see what happens.

omrail

i see amazon.com is showing it as "the Wi-Fi feature lets you use the exclusive Uniden Siren App on your smartphone or tablet to access your scanner from anywhere in your home or vehicle (App release coming soon!)".

on the .ca (Canada) it is "the Wi-Fi feature lets you use the exclusive Uniden Siren App on your smartphone or tablet to access your scanner from anywhere in your home or vehicle+."

sold and shipped by a 3rd party in Canada only

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
It's shameful how many vendors continue to knowingly list this scanner as having all of these features that I paid for a year ago and still don't have (it's so cute that we all pretend like we'll get them...).

From Universal Radio:

"The second innovation is WiFi connectivity. Now you listen to and control your scanner using your smartphone or tablet from anywhere!"

From ScannerMaster:

"But, the BCD536HP adds to that WiFi connectivity, allowing you to listen to and control your scanner using your smartphone or tablet...from anywhere in your home, vehicle, or around the world."

From HRO:
[same as Scanner Master]

And who can forget such favorites as Uniden:

"Plus, the Wi-Fi feature lets you use the exclusive Uniden Siren App on your smartphone or tablet to access your scanner from anywhere in your home or vehicle+.

+App release coming!"

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I contacted Amazon today and even though I purchased my 536 in May, well past their normal period for returns, they advised that they would accept the 536 as a return now for a full refund, and even pay the return shipping.

Other radio dealers (AND UNIDEN) take a lesson from Amazon. THAT is how you treat your customers.

I am continuing my dialogue with them relative to customers who do not want to return the item, but some type of partial refund in consideration of the missing features.

My sense is that I was not their first complaint, and they are not at all happy with the situation.

Boatanchor

I contacted Amazon today and even though I purchased my 536 in May, well past their normal period for returns, they advised that they would accept the 536 as a return now for a full refund, and even pay the return shipping.

Other radio dealers (AND UNIDEN) take a lesson from Amazon. THAT is how you treat your customers.

I am continuing my dialogue with them relative to customers who do not want to return the item, but some type of partial refund in consideration of the missing features.

My sense is that I was not their first complaint, and they are not at all happy with the situation.

Thanks for the info.

I too will contact Amazon and seek a return/refund. Better that than trying to sell at a loss on 'that' auction site.

B

JustLou

Make sure to leave appropriate reviews of these radios on Amazon to help people from making the same mistake of purchasing one.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I just heard from Amazon once again and they also gave me the option of a 20% refund off the purchase price.

So there you have it. Either a full refund or a refund in consideration of the missing feature(s).

All reputable radio dealers should follow suit. This is the solution Uniden should have offered a long time ago.

Thanks very much to Amazon for standing up for the consumer. Every future purchase of scanner / radio equipment I ever make, assuming they offer it for sale, will be made at Amazon.com.

JustLou

This is the solution Uniden should have offered a long time ago.

From a company that charges an extra $50-$100 just to make your radio function to it's full capabilities?
That will never happen.

Hulca

HRO told me to call Uniden.
They won't do anything.
I think I will call the regional manager and complain LOUDER.

Hulca

If I bought a Ford F-150 truck with the tow package as an extra feature.
I assume the tow package is there and operational because the truck was advertised with it.

I discover the tow package is not installed. Who do I call, Ford corporate of the Ford dealership I bought the truck from?

Do I call Uniden or the Uniden dealer I bought my 436 from?
HRO tells me to call Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.