HOW TO ADD MILITARY TRUNKED SYSTEM TO WHISTLER TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
I currently have our state (PA) statewide system active on my TRX2 however, there are various other trunked systems that Im trying to add to my scanner to monitor however, I cannot. Anyone know how to add military trunked system to my radio? thank you much

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Trying to do it within the whistle program just can't seem to do it. I've tried the library import but it won't add any trunked systems That's why I posted question

I have several multi-state military trunked systems in my TRX-1 all programmed through the EZ Scan program. What is happening when you try? Is it not loading at all or are you not hearing anything? Perhaps if you tell us the system you are trying to load we can attempt to load it and see what happens. It's hard to believe it won't add "any" trunked system if you are doing it correctly.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you load the sites after you select the system. Just selecting the system is only part of the import. A standard systems may have more than one site.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Im trying to load any and all Military trunked systems in my area of Northeast Pennsylvania. Specifically, I want ALL national Guard, Military and Civil Air patrol . According to RR the systems Im trying to load are trunked, see attachments . The only trunked systems are PA statewide see also attached. thank you in advance

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 2.png
    2.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.png
    3.png
    38 KB · Views: 36

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to load any and all Military trunked systems in my area of Northeast Pennsylvania. Specifically, I want ALL national Guard, Military and Civil Air patrol . According to RR the systems Im trying to load are trunked, see attachments . The only trunked systems are PA statewide see also attached. thank you in advance

Okay, the only system you shared was the DOD 14C system so I will use that as an example. First look up the system in RR database and see where the site is listed, what county. Multi-state systems are listed under the state/county in the EZ Scan library.

In the import tab select Preferred method of importing, select your state PA, and go to Counties/Cities, and select the county the system is showing in. In this example it is Cumberland. Then click on trunked systems.

Screenshot 2020-03-23 10.37.09 (2).pngScreenshot 2020-03-23 10.37.34 (2).png

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Okay, the only system you shared was the DOD 14C system so I will use that as an example. First look up the system in RR database and see where the site is listed, what county. Multi-state systems are listed under the state/county in the EZ Scan library.

In the import tab select Preferred method of importing, select your state PA, and go to Counties/Cities, and select the county the system is showing in. In this example it is Cumberland. Then click on trunked systems.

View attachment 82108View attachment 82109
Thank you was able to do it thanks to your detailed instructions. I went to Cumberland county like you did. Is this where the DOD National Guard is located according to RR? I see it looks like it includes all of Lackawanna and luzerne counties where Im at? Thank you

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you was able to do it thanks to your detailed instructions. I went to Cumberland county like you did. Is this where the DOD National Guard is located according to RR? I see it looks like it includes all of Lackawanna and luzerne counties where Im at? Thank you

For all the systems you find in the RR database, look at the sites and see where the site is located (hint all sites in EZ Scan library are listed in all areas so it doesn't matter which one you choose to load the system). In this case 14C is in Cumberland and Phily among other locations.

Screenshot 2020-03-23 11.02.20 (2).png

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'm trying to load any and all Military trunked systems in my area of Northeast Pennsylvania.

Under Site Options, Trunking Tables must be set to Auto Fill for P25 trunked systems..

Last edited:

ecps92

Many of those agencies from your picture #1 are NOT Trunked - they are Conventional, that maybe where you are getting hung up

Status
Not open for further replies.