• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to program a Hytera bd502?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricaneoleg

Hello.

I'm very, very new to two-way radios and need to program a few Hytera BD502's.

Hytera doesn't have any information on the subject and I don't have anyone I can ask, all I want to do is connect it to hytera's CPS and adjust frequencies so it can communicate with the rest of my team that uses the same digital BD502's and the school, which uses an analog Motorola Rmu2080d.

I got the programming cable today but the software I use with my Hytera PD982U1 doesn't recognize it, one of the other forums said I need a different, older software, will also need to update my firmware for some other option.

Aside from a PC76 programming cable...
- what version of Hytera CPS do I need for BD502? (not PD502, different radio entirely, as it turns out, I think... )
- does the PC76 cable need specific drivers?
- how do I update the firmware?

Once again, I've performed am extensive research on this, unfortunately, Hyteras website doesn't have ANY info on this particular radio, probably because it's cheap, has no downloads either, although I'm sure I will be able to find everything I need online, except for something called FlashBurn but it's an optional 'just in case' program I will probably not need, as far as I was explained.

If you choose to reply to this post, please keep in mind that I know very little, also, please refrain from referring me to Google, suggesting I contact Hytera/go on their website, visit a local dealer, etc., mainly because the ubiquitous 'local dealer' is the main reason why, despite the obvious difficulties and a steep learning curve, I still persevere to find a way to do this on my own.

Thank you and be well!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
This being a school you need to deal with the Radio System Administrator as this may be a Trunking System or complex Digital System. You are also going to need written permission from the FCC License Holder to operate on their Radio System. What you are asking not be done may be your only legal way to get to your objective.

hurricaneoleg

This being a school you need to deal with the Radio System Administrator as this may be a Trunking System or complex Digital System. You are also going to need written permission from the FCC License Holder to operate on their Radio System. What you are asking not be done may be your only legal way to get to your objective.
They bought rmu2080d, turned it on and started using it, there are no administrators, repeaters, etc. They just went on Amazon and bought radios... I know, I know, licenses and all that.

The good news is that the data cable I purchased came with a usb and all the software was on it! I'm surprised noone here was able to suggest anything though.

A Hytera dealer sold some radios to a new customer who had radios they got online. He asked for a license and got the deer in the headlight look.
He read the radios and found them on factory default of 403 MHz, not a valid freq in the US for commercial use.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I'm very, very new to two-way radios and need to program a few Hytera BD502's.

Hytera doesn't have any information on the subject and I don't have anyone I can ask, all I want to do is connect it to hytera's CPS and adjust frequencies so it can communicate with the rest of my team that uses the same digital BD502's and the school, which uses an analog Motorola Rmu2080d.

As you see you said talk to the other team members that have the same radio as you and this is a School which makes this more disturbing as this sounds like a Do It Yourself deal with NO SECURITY or even LEGAL LICENESE. Please leave things like this to people that do it for a living and not treat it like a BACKYARD HOBBY RADIO.

hurricaneoleg

As you see you said talk to the other team members that have the same radio as you and this is a School which makes this more disturbing as this sounds like a Do It Yourself deal with NO SECURITY or even LEGAL LICENESE. Please leave things like this to people that do it for a living and not treat it like a BACKYARD HOBBY RADIO.
I see you've used ALL CAPS, which means you're either screaming or serious, or both... I think you're taking this a bit too seriously and way too personally, can't imagine how you will respond to the fact that most people on this forum and in every country are probably doing the same (or worse).

Isn't it funny how I came to this forum asking for an advice on how to help someone but instead all I get is filler? Thanks again.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Sorry but I am a government employee with electronic degree paid security professional with a 2way background. Yes I make a point for a reason look at what is going on in schools. Would you want your name on National TV if something goes south at your site and you get held accountable.

hurricaneoleg

Sorry but I am a government employee with electronic degree paid security professional with a 2way background. Yes I make a point for a reason look at what is going on in schools. Would you want your name on National TV if something goes south at your site and you get held accountable.
I believe my jaw was supposed to drop but instead I will go ahead and tell you that your professional background and accolades are of no interest to me, you know what is? The question I posted in this thread, not your self-promoting, attention-seeking little rant, filled with implausible, hypotheticals scenarios. When was the last time things went south somewhere and the name featured most prominently was that of an engineer who setup the radios and how would it even get to that point? I think you only replied here in the first place do you can write your silly tinder profile and make yourself feel better... Normal people don't do stuff like this, even if you worked for the FCC itself you wouldn't care what one random guy does with a few consumer radios lol I'm not replying to you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.