HP-1 and Fairfax County VA Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

psw

Hi! I'm having problems with my HP-1 receiving the Fairfax County, VA Public Safety system.

Public safety users in Fairfax County recently moved from a Motorola Type II system to a new P25 Phase I system. I've updated firmware and database on the HP1, and can see from the advanced menus that the system is indeed set up correctly.

I'm aware that others are having problems with this system, but mine seem specific to the HP-1. A 396T, 396T, and 996XT in the same location decode the system without any problems. I've swapped antennas between devices, and have tried turning attenuation on and off. The HP-1 is receiving other transmissions without problems, so I don't think I'm dealing with a hardware problem.

I have the advanced firmware license, so I've explored some of the trunked system analysis options. The signal strength display bounces between zero and about 8, and it's clear that no decoding is going on. Signal strength looks good (about 2/3 to 3/4 scale), and the bandscope shows clear peaks above a near-zero noise floor.

Has anyone in my area cracked the riddle of P25 reception for Fairfax County? I'm able to listen via other receivers, but it would sure be nice to make the HP-1 work!

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.