HP-1: HP1 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDY8534

Have a Home Patrol1, last week scanner showed an SD error, that could not be corrected. Bought new SD card which was installed and recognized. Wrote database from Sentinal to scanner. Made a favorites list to monitor and wrote that to scanner. Will only receive a couple of channels. Scanner worked fine PRIOR to SD error. Sentinal says I have the latest Firmware, and Data bases. ?????????

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Have a Home Patrol1, last week scanner showed an SD error, that could not be corrected. Bought new SD card which was installed and recognized. Wrote database from Sentinal to scanner. Made a favorites list to monitor and wrote that to scanner. Will only receive a couple of channels. Scanner worked fine PRIOR to SD error. Sentinal says I have the latest Firmware, and Data bases. ?????????
For the Favorites list that you created and wrote to the new card, did you append systems from the main database, or enter systems, sites, talkgroups, and frequencies manually?

If you entered them manually, and you have Location Control set as On (in use), then the scanner is avoiding the systems you added since there is no location data in range. When adding a system and other details manually, the default location is 0.00 for both latitude and longitude. That's out in the Atlantic Ocean, off the west coast of Africa. Turn location control off & retry.

Make sure your correct location and range are in your Profile. Also verify that your Service Types of interest are also enabled.

ANDY8534

systems appended from main databases. It is receiving the OLD lower band frequencies, but not the 700 and 800 mhz frequencies. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but have been working on this for 2 days now, and have no idea how to resolve it.

"Make sure your correct location and range are in your Profile. Also verify that your Service Types of interest are also enabled". ALL CORRECT

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
After you read from sentinel, export the relevant favorites list to HPE, zip that up and attach it to your posted reply, here.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If I go to sentinal, and "read from scanner", info is there.
If possible, use Sentinel to "read from scanner". (As UPMan has already suggested.)
Then, export the resulting Favorites list(s) into an *.hpe file. Then, attach that to a post and upload so that we can take a peek & see if anything is out of place.

Note: To upload an *.hpe file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your exported *.hpe file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
There are two ways to do this. You can either change the file extension itself, or compress the file using 7-Zip or other file utility. The *.zip file extension can be attached to a post and uploaded to the Forums.

Or, using Windows Explorer, rename your file one of these two ways:
For illustration, let's call your exported file 'MyFile.hpe' (without the quotes).
<Right><Click> on the file & choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
You can then rename your file to MyFile.txt, or MyFile.hpe.txt in order to attach it to a post. Whoever views the file will need to reset the file name back to MyFile.hpe, then it can be imported into Sentinel for viewing.

ANDY8534

hope this works Just as an FYI, it receives Aberdeen proving grounds, and Maryland state police JFK, but NONE of the other frequencies.

Attachments

• new harford.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
all the fire, ems, and law enforcement groups are checked.
I don't see anything on your uploaded file that appears incorrect (if someone else spots something, then I hope they point it out). While I did not verify every entry, I checked your location settings on the list, and they match up with what is in the database.

I would suggest that you turn off location control on your Favorites list, then see if reception improves. If you have all the service types for public safety enabled (Dispatch, Tac, and Talk), then location would be the next thing I'd try to verify.

Was the scanner working correctly, decent reception, before the SD card failure? If it was, that's why I'm still thinking something is wrong with location in the profile, and/or range. And you are using the stock antenna, both before and after the card replacement? Attenuate is not on, and the squelch is not set very high?

ANDY8534

HP1 FIXED

First of all I want to thank you all for the responses to my problem. I just finished clearing all user data, and created a NEW favorites list manually on the scanner. Rebuilt a new favorites, At the advise of hiegtx, set location control to no. All appears to be OK at this time. Don't know if it was the location control, or a read/write error from pc to scanner. Anyway thanks again to all thst responded.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
First of all I want to thank you all for the responses to my problem. I just finished clearing all user data, and created a NEW favorites list manually on the scanner. Rebuilt a new favorites, At the advise of hiegtx, set location control to no. All appears to be OK at this time. Don't know if it was the location control, or a read/write error from pc to scanner. Anyway thanks again to all thst responded.
Very good. Glad you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.