• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ht 1250 Programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
I am trying to program a Ht1250, model # aah25kdf9aa5an (firmware version R05.13.04) with CPS ver r06.01.00 AA. The radio is saying that it is an unsupported model number. I've been able to read 4 other aah25kdf9aa5an's (firmware versions R05.03.02, R05.03.00R, R03.01.03R and R05.09.13) and a aah25kdh9aa6an (Firmware version R05.09.11) with out issue.

I have cleaned the accessory port contacts and am sure that i'snt the issue.
The battery is fully charged and i have tried other fully charged batteries.
It has a newer body i think since it has the blue rubber seal around the battery contacts.

I tried setting the time on the radio but when a the battery is removed all of those settings are wiped, which doesn't happen to the other radios i have dealt with.

The only other thing that i can think of that is odd about that radio, besides the fact that it is beat to hell on the exterior, if that it has updated firmware. it was R05.03.06R. The only reason i know that is because that firmware version number is scribbled out with ball point pen and the new Firmware version is written further down on the body in sharpie. The Radio utilities menu says show that it is infact running Firmware ver R05.13.04, but i kinda thought you got a new label for the back when you updated your firmware. The company that did the firmware upgrade is a Moto Dealer that i have had some poor experiences with in the past and they don't instill much confidence in their ability to not mess things up.

The clock thing is making me think that it may need to go to the depot...

mmtstc

Ø
alright, a nice little birdy dropped off a copy of 06.11.05 and that didnt fix the problem, still unable to read the radio...

Luis_R

alright, a nice little birdy dropped off a copy of 06.11.05 and that didnt fix the problem, still unable to read the radio...

Newest software is R06.11.10, that could be your problem. You mentioned you had other radios and that the radio you are trying to read was jacked up. Try changing the front cover, then read, if it still don't work then most likely it's your software.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Used to be RSS said " Codeplug too new for software version". Now the error message is more esoteric. Don't give up until you've tried the latest and greatest.

The clock time is held by an internal battery. Maybe it's time for a new one.

I just bought the 06.11.10 but I don't know what other radios it can program. I know I can do the ht1250 but are there any others? please email me at rev.rich@live.com if you have this info please. Thanks

mmtstc

Ø
Any of the professional series mobiles and portables.... pretty Much any MOTO radio where the model.number ends in 50 with the exception of the radius sp50...

Cdm750 1250 1550
Ht 750 1250 1550
There are a couple others...

Status
Not open for further replies.