http://radiotime.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingspirit

Is Lindsay aware that radiotime.com re-use the broadcasting of RR without referencing to RR.

I did sent a flag to make sure they are re-broadcasting my own scanner and they do.

Is it correct according to the admins of this site ?

Some more examples ...

Search results for nypd - Listen Online

Thanks !

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
They are scavenging the feeds that I host through my own Icecast server, too.

They do it so poorly that they have the same label for all 3 of my feeds, even though it applies to only one. Multiple requests to fix the label resulted in a boiler-plate response that tells me that they are an extremely low overhead outfit who hope to profit by automatically aggregating the feeds of others and presenting them as their own.

Short of authenticating each user I don't see a way to stop them. Although I am not in this hobby to make money so it's no skin off my knee, I just want them to get my listings correct and they can't even do that little bit.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
They are scavenging the feeds that I host through my own Icecast server, too.

They do it so poorly that they have the same label for all 3 of my feeds, even though it applies to only one. Multiple requests to fix the label resulted in a boiler-plate response that tells me that they are an extremely low overhead outfit who hope to profit by automatically aggregating the feeds of others and presenting them as their own.

Short of authenticating each user I don't see a way to stop them. Although I am not in this hobby to make money so it's no skin off my knee, I just want them to get my listings correct and they can't even do that little bit.

I am not an expert, and I don't know if this would be possible in your case, or even possible at all.

Would it be possible to move your feeds, or change them in a way that their links wont work any longer, while creating an audio file that loops telling anybody who listens that the feed was being rebroadcast without permission?

In the past, I had a problem with a website hotlinking images that were on my server, so I moved them and replaced them with a gigantic picture of Barney the purple dinosaur (8000X8000 pixels).

I dont know if anything similar is possible with audio feeds...

kingspirit

It is probably possible to give them a hard time dooing It on the server side.
For sure It can't be done with a user name and password since no one
want to have user limitation. Here is my clue, I would probably guess that they stream everything from a central server. That would generate on the RR server side a lot of concurent active sessions from a single or a small range of ip adresses. More than xnumber of active sessions from a single
ip could be blogued.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
It is probably possible to give them a hard time dooing It on the server side.

Why???

It's not worth my while to inconvenience my legitimate listeners just because some site lists my feed.

They are directories, so when somebody gets to my feed from their site, that listener is directly on my feed. I get the listener's i.p. address directly. If I cared to pursue it I could probably nab a referral if such a field is sent to the Icecast server.

I'm not in a ratings war, so I really don't care how many people listen to my feeds. They can listen or not, my life will go on the same either way. It's a hobby, remember?

I just think it's sleazy to present my feeds as though they are part of some other empire; it's more laughable than anything else. I've already outlasted 2 such sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.