• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera RDAC or XNMS for XPT Multi Site Trunking- Anyone have experience?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Looking to watch our new system (10 site, 4 repeaters at each site, XPR trunking) and am looking for remote monitoring and diagnostic options. Am a Moto guy, so this stuff is new to us. We have several of these to deploy, so hoping to find something that works decent for our techs. TT

phadobas

I'm surprised how little answer come in on this. I'd like to see how remote monitoring is done. I think I managed to do this via USB once in my office, but never did much with it, as I had to deploy the repeater in a remote location and don't have remote access / maintenance to it ever since.

I was testing XNMS and got it working but that was Feb 2023 and I think it quit after that when I put the RD982s back into conventional mode to help someone on here with a programming issue. Have not done anything since.

My email to a sub dealer in NC I've been helping say I added the server program as a trusted service and did not enter a serial number.
This is another one I sent, sending a PM with more stuff.
------------------------------
I installed in admin mode instead of a standard user, not sure if that's what did it. When I tried to start the XPT client I got a database service error, so ran the setup tool again.
All the IPs were blank even though I had 192.168.100.77 in. Once I filled those in again and started the services it ran.
I was running on win 11 at X games, this PC is win 7 so I could duplicate allowing the program to penetrate the firewall per their example, maybe that was it.
I did not setup any port 162 rules like the pdf shows, I did on the win 11 PC.