• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for Hytera HR1062 Repeater Experiences

tropiradio

Have so far used the new series of HP7xx portables and HM78x mobiles in some projects with good results, but have not yet tried the HR repeaters. Was wondering if someone here has put one in service and how the experience was in terms of performance and reliability. My old standby has always been the SLR5000, and have even used the RD98x a couple of times so far without any issues. I may now have to use one of these new HR1062 repeaters for an upcoming project due to customer's choice of brand, so was hoping to get some real world field feedback on these.

Also if you have two or more repeaters interconnected with an IP network in IPSC configuration, that would be a great plus in terms of information that I am looking for.

Thank you.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
I run 982 ! and 982 I S units networked.
I'm told the the new line of Hytera repeaters have (REMOVED) features!!!!! and even in the RD-982 line **** never worked correctly in the us line when it comes to Multi-tone option! If you run a RD-982 as far as your concerned in analog mode it is a SINGLE pl repeater networked or not! And they are no longer supported so there wont be any more firmware for them!

tropiradio

I have two RD98x in single site digital and so far they have been running smoothly for ages. Never needed to network one of those.

What features did they remove from the HR1062? I am now interested in running those in IPSC (or IPS as Hytera calls it) mode, and may need to network 3 repeaters in digital mode over individual broadband internet access points with fixed IP.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
The RD-982 units cost $250 each to add IP connect if its not already in the unit. Don't know what the 1062 has for network.

tropiradio

$179 each repeater, pennies compared to Moto equivalent licenses for SLR. Portables and mobiles already have the IPC licenses activated, so zero cost there.

emacs

We've got a couple fielded for transportation companies that have been running without issue for a few months now. Both are VHF DMR single site systems. Repeaters are running into 100W PAs and use the battery backup circuit (integrated BBU/PSU is a nice upgrade from the RD982i). Performance has been good, receivers sensitive down to 0.15µv, no issues with heat dissipation despite the small 1U chassis.

One unit is also running in a back-to-back config. Repeater's hooked up to an HM782 UHF mobile via Hytera's POA147 cable, so that the new VHF system could interoperate with an existing UHF system. Only passes audio back and forth, no DMR IDs or other signalling/data, but works well enough for what the user needs.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
On the 982 units you have to run the hytera patch cable AND the network cable to get most all the functions. I don't remember if its a standard network cable or a cross over one.

tropiradio

I was first considering linking the 3 repeaters by using HM782 radios with the appropriate interface (PD147) cables but all the examples that Hytera presents are for two repeaters only, so I have not been able to find out how to exactly configure those cables at the middle repeater that would be at the center location, and so would have to handle TWO separate mobile link radios, one each for linking to one of the two other repeaters. That is why I am now looking instead into how to establish the links via Internet, but it would have been nice to also find out how to implement that 3 repeater linked system with the HM782 radios -if this is actually viable on that configuration.

Anybody know how to link 3 HR1062 repeaters with HM782 radios as links? Like so: RPT1 <--12miles--> RPT2 <--12miles--> RPT3
Again notice RPT2 needs to interface to TWO mobile radios, but each repeater only has one set of interface ports.
Repeaters are separated by about 12 miles between each, in an almost straight line, and there is good line of sight on each 12 mile stretch.

emacs

Doesn't seem like that's a supported configuration. If you have access to Hytera University, check out 14:30 into the video titled "Repeater Wireless Link using Hytera Mobile Radios" in the "DMR Tier 2 - Tech - IP Connect System Design" course.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
I have 4 982-s units linked via internet 3 are connected direct to internet and one is connected via 2 ubiquity 5ghz dishes to the internet.
and all works fine on analog. I use to run a larger digital DMR network. No link radios all repeaters.

dazey77

I thought the best way to link hm785 with the repeaters was via ip link (with add on ip licence for the mobiles) but I have no experience of this so perhaps I am wrong?

radioopperator

Feed Provider
I run RD-982-S units all linked via internet on analog GMRS.
I was running RD-982-I units all linked on DMR These will do Mixed mode NETWORKED DMR and local analog.
This is if you have IP connect enabled / paid for it?
I use Motorola XPR radios and Hytera radios and Harris Momentum Hytera re-bagged radios all in the field.
The Motorola XPR radios and the HYTERA equipment in ENHANCED mode use the same ENCRYPTION fyi.
So far all my radios play nice, but its all older equipment. Oh I forgot I have a RD-622-I unit for DMR networked too.

tropiradio

I will most probably will end up having to go with links via internet with the three HP1062 repeaters to operate in DMR/IPC mode. The licence cost is a mere $180, however the HM782 and HP782 radios already include the IPS licence as shipped. I am wondering if networking that way the radio IDs will still be passing through the links as well as both slots will be accessible. I know SLR repeaters IP network very well in that way, but again I have zero experience with these new HR1062 repeaters that the customer seems to have set their mind on, although nothing is written in stone yet. Main reason to choose Hytera over Motorola was ample stock almost always available in CA warehouse on everything (repeaters, portables and mobiles) for immediate shipment, whereas getting the mobiles and portables from Motorola usually implies having to wait for factory to ship. Plus it does not help that Moto just recently cancelled the XPR7550E series, and new model to replace is the R7 which is under very heavy demand so even longer waiting times. And since this system needs to run in IPS, no mix and match of radio and repeater brands, so if I where to use one brand of repeater the radios also have to be of the same brand as IPS (Hytera) is not compatible with IPSC (Moto).

tropiradio

I thought the best way to link hm785 with the repeaters was via ip link (with add on ip licence for the mobiles) but I have no experience of this so perhaps I am wrong?
As the brochure shows it, you can use HM782 radios as the link between two HR1062 repeaters, one mobile radio at each end and configured as a data modem (UART mode as Hytera calls it). But not sure if this system will only carry voice, or also the radio IDs end to end, and most importantly if the link will handle both repeater slots.

emacs

I am wondering if networking that way the radio IDs will still be passing through the links as well as both slots will be accessible.
Yes, whatever is repeated at one site is repeated exactly the same at the other sites, just on a (potentially) different frequency. So, talkgroups, unit IDs, emergency signals, etc. are all preserved.
You can choose whether both or only one slot are linked, ex. you could have transmissions on slot 1 repeated on all connected repeaters and transmissions on slot 2 repeated only on the local repeater.
And since this system needs to run in IPS, no mix and match of radio and repeater brands, so if I where to use one brand of repeater the radios also have to be of the same brand as IPS (Hytera) is not compatible with IPSC (Moto).
You can't mix repeater brands, but the subscribers can be mixed as roaming is a DMR standard. I've successfully programmed Motorola, Kenwood, and Hytera radios to roam across Motorola IPSC repeaters; and Motorola, Kenwood, and Hytera radios to roam across Hytera IP Multisite repeaters.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
I will most probably will end up having to go with links via internet with the three HP1062 repeaters to operate in DMR/IPC mode. The licence cost is a mere $180, however the HM782 and HP782 radios already include the IPS licence as shipped. I am wondering if networking that way the radio IDs will still be passing through the links as well as both slots will be accessible. I know SLR repeaters IP network very well in that way, but again I have zero experience with these new HR1062 repeaters that the customer seems to have set their mind on, although nothing is written in stone yet. Main reason to choose Hytera over Motorola was ample stock almost always available in CA warehouse on everything (repeaters, portables and mobiles) for immediate shipment, whereas getting the mobiles and portables from Motorola usually implies having to wait for factory to ship. Plus it does not help that Moto just recently cancelled the XPR7550E series, and new model to replace is the R7 which is under very heavy demand so even longer waiting times. And since this system needs to run in IPS, no mix and match of radio and repeater brands, so if I where to use one brand of repeater the radios also have to be of the same brand as IPS (Hytera) is not compatible with IPSC (Moto).
What's your sales contact for Hytera? I want to see if they have any better deals?

tropiradio

Yes, whatever is repeated at one site is repeated exactly the same at the other sites, just on a (potentially) different frequency. So, talkgroups, unit IDs, emergency signals, etc. are all preserved.
You can choose whether both or only one slot are linked, ex. you could have transmissions on slot 1 repeated on all connected repeaters and transmissions on slot 2 repeated only on the local repeater.

You can't mix repeater brands, but the subscribers can be mixed as roaming is a DMR standard. I've successfully programmed Motorola, Kenwood, and Hytera radios to roam across Motorola IPSC repeaters; and Motorola, Kenwood, and Hytera radios to roam across Hytera IP Multisite repeaters.
This is very useful information, what Hytera IPC repeaters where you using, assume RD98x? My ideal repeater of choice for some time has been the SLR which out of extensive experience I consider pretty much bullet proof. So from what you are saying I should be able to use SLRs with HP782/HM782 Hyteras in IPS configuration. That would be and ideal scenario as the SLRs are currently in stock, as are both Hytera subscriber units.

Wish there was more documentation available out there on this from both Hytera and Motorola for one to go through, and perhaps do some testing. I currently do have a spare in the box SLR and a HP782 portable. But I think the repeater would have to get the IPSC licence activatived first which is not cheap, as I believe this one did not yet include it. Need to double check on that, as of recent I was told that all SLRs are now being shipped with IPSC already activated at no additional cost.

Thank you.