I 65/State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

dic

Good day

I will be driving I 65 from Nashville to Louisville next week.
I've looked at the database for Post 3 and Post 4.

I have the frequencies but have noticed missing frequencies by counties:

Post 3 No listings for Simpson or Barren counties.
Post 4 No listings for LaRue County.

Will I be covered by the frequencies listed for the adjacent counties or am I missing something?

Thank you

Dic

Last edited:

jerk

What I did on a trip, is put both the A&B channels in my scanner, any TAC channels, and I think I had reception all/most of the way. I had more trouble with TN reception.
They usually have a speed trap set up between Elizabethtown and Louisville...
Bowling Green sometimes has units out as well.

The scanner comes in handy for those 10 mile back-ups on I-65 because of accidents or construction.

Thank you for your concern.

Can anyone ANSWER my question?

DIc
N1XBA

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I see you are useing a E F Johnson 5100 series radio for you avatar you use the 5100?
We moved to 800 and are using 51SL walkies and 5300 Lightning Dual heads in all of our mobles and 5300 Dash mounts else where.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
dic:

In answer to your inquiry, the Allen and Warren County transmitters should cover most of I65 in Simpson County and the Warren/Edmonson/Hart County transmitters would cover the Barren County area of I65. Have a safe trip.

David
Bowling Green, KY

Last edited:

jerk

I see you are useing a E F Johnson 5100 series radio for you avatar you use the 5100?
We moved to 800 and are using 51SL walkies and 5300 Lightning Dual heads in all of our mobles and 5300 Dash mounts else where.

I was, now not using any public safety radios.
I liked the radio. Indiana uses them as a lower cost alternative for Motorolas.
I'm not sure what KSP uses.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I agree with David P, Dic. I've made the I-65 trek from Nashville up thru Louisville on my way to Dayton, OH the last 5 years every July and have picked them up fairly well. Just put in the appropriate posts (Warren Co and E-Town I think). Btw, as I've stated I've made the run numerous times with no problem. Also once a month to the Ft Campbell area with no problem. And I dont have a ham license. These uns forcible laws don't scare me because I don't give cops a reason to pull me over. BS laws like KY and FL + Encryption is STUPID and does NOTHING. Just had to say that. I loved your response a couple posts back.

dic

Thank you all for your responses.

I will be driving up on Friday so I will keep an eye out for the speed traps.
I'll also program the sites suggested and see what happens with that.

Corn, I have lived seasonally in Florida since 1993. I have never had a single problem with having a scanner in my car. I've also gone for more than a dozen ride alongs with local police and Sheriffs. I would say 90% of the younger officers (and most of the officers down here are VERY young) didn't even know the Florida law existed. (A number of them didn't realize that license plate numbers could be ham call signs and be a hint that a scanner could be in the car). The one officer I recall that knew about the law said in 15 years he could count on one hand the number of scanners he had seen in cars on traffic stops.

The encryption is SEVERE in Florida and you have to ask WHY?
There is NOTHING going on down here except speeding tickets and accidents.
If NJ, CA, MA, NY, IL, OH, AZ and all the other "real" states don't need encryption, why does Florida?
What are they hiding?

Thank you again
Happy New Year
Dic

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I hear you. Florida is another state I've been trekking to the last 7 years twice a year to the Blue Angels Pensacola Beach show and Homecoming. Escambia Co has just totally alienated me. Just this past fall they changed over to P25 on their SO conventional freqs and boy did they waste no time fully encrypting them! Btw, in your list of states you forgot to list Tennessee. For the most part Tennessee is a encrypted free state. There's a few rogue counties that have either switched to Moto Trbo or have encrypted their comms. But Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Memphis all remain in the red! All Counties surrounding Davidson Co are in the clear. Just an FYI. Have. Good trip.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Can someone listen to scanner in car in Tennessee while driving/riding? Thanks

Yes, unless they passed a law recently I haven't heard about.

And I've also made the trip through Indiana AND Kentucky to Bowling Green multiple times with my Pro-197 with no problems from the cops, both local and state. As it was said, as long as you don't give them a reason to pull you over, it should (not saying it definitely will, but in my experience) be fine. I don't LIKE doing it illegally like that, but I'd rather have it than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.