BCD436HP/BCD536HP: I am trying to set up the Wi-Fi dongle for my BC536hp  I would like to listen to it while I’m on vacation. Is that possible?

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
I run my 536hp from the house using the RadioFeed program then use my phones browser where ever I am to listen. I also have it on a UPS backup system for those pesky power outages.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
While it's true Radiofeed (located on Proscan page I linked) is free to use if you just want to listen & have no desire to view or control your scanner, the only drawback is you can't use the 536HP's wifi connection to feed audio (Audio source: URL) like you can with Proscan. You need to use your computer's sound card & connect an audio cable (not supplied with scanner) to 536HP's headphone (front) or external speaker (rear) port then set audio control source accordingly

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
How much is the software?

You can check the purchase cost (worth every penny) and license info on the ProScan website at this link ....

Reactions: wtp

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
How much is the software?
  • Proscan

• License Cost is 50.00 USD.
  • Discount available for 10 or more licenses.
  • Each license allows activation on 2 separate computers.
  • ProScan license can be deactivated on one computer and activated on another computer or can be activated again on the same computer if OS reinstalled or hard drive reformatted.
  • Every license enables us to improve our software and continue to develop ProScan.
  • Licenses can not be transferred or sold.
  • All sales final. Try the 30 day fully functional demo/trial before purchasing.
  • Lost keys are sent at no charge. Key Request must be done via email.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
While it's true Radiofeed (located on Proscan page I linked) is free to use if you just want to listen & have no desire to view or control your scanner, the only drawback is you can't use the 536HP's wifi connection to feed audio (Audio source: URL) like you can with Proscan. You need to use your computer's sound card & connect an audio cable (not supplied with scanner) to 536HP's headphone (front) or external speaker (rear) port then set audio control source accordingly
I don't use any cables on Radiofeed, its run here using the 536 wifi ability.

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
Audio is carried on the WiFi just fine, its the USB that won't allow it.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
I don't use any cables on Radiofeed, its run here using the 536 wifi ability.
Audio is carried on the WiFi just fine, its the USB that won't allow it.
How? I've quit out of Proscan, still not seeing it come up as an option in Radiofeed

Found my answer. Interesting!
1727915114283.png

Last edited: