I envy you Central Vermonters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwnut13

I am amazed at the reception you can get in some areas of the state.

I was driving through Marshfield and I was picking up VSP Derby, Derby VSP Dispatch, VSP Rutland, VSP Middlesex, VSP Williston, VSP Bradford, Barre Police, Stowe Police, etc.

And I could actually understand what they were saying, in my car, on my BC125AT, with the stock antenna. Which to me is amazing, because my reception of VSP St. Johnsbury while driving around St. Johnsbury can be sketchy. I can't pick up a lick of either VSP Derby or VSP Bradford, let alone any of the others.

Seems the White Mountains of the Northeast Kingdom do a great job of blocking off radio signals.

Blackink

I agree....I get pretty good reception from where I'm at here in Central Vermont.
I get the VSP in St. J but it doesn't come in very good, 1 bar signal strength and scratchy.

Rutland, Williston, St. Albans (better reception in St. Albans in the winter), Royalton...I hear them all.
Plus the surrounding local police forces and/or dispatches: Hardwick Hanover/Norwich, Shelburne, Newport, Essex, Mad River, Addison Cty...they all come in good.

I continuously monitor what frequencies I get hits on and log that in FreeScan. Most of what I have in those files are active at one time or another

I've even heard Plattsburg (SUNY) University's maintenance dept. daily from here-4 bar signal strength.

I don't hear anything from New haven VSP barracks, there's a mountain between us.

vwnut13

Went to my grandmas house in Lyndonville and I was picking up VSP Williston and Derby almost equally as well at St. Johnsbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.